Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Fixture List 2005/2006

Those fixtures are perfect. A few tasty home games and the scum and the scummers away before the end of September and then I''m off to uni in Brighton. I move onto the campus on October 1st, just when we play Brighton away. Peachy!

Not bad. The mid week ones this year are all reasonable distances. Jump into the car after work jobs. I like it.

Tough start and Dean Ashton against his old Crewe team on the second game of the season,

We must ''Hit the ground running'' and really be ''up for it'' right at the start of the season.

If after the first month we are in the top 6, we are doing fine,

but if we don''t start well, we maybe playing ''catch up'' for the rest of the season, as Leeds & Wolves did last year

You have to say that you''re looking for at least 28 points out of September/October !!!

If we could persuade Coventry to reverse fixtures, the start would be so much better.  Cov and Crewe at home will be a nice start before the tricky things begin....

Very Very nasty final game of the season too

Scummers away, my favourite game of the season... I just knew it would fall in my "11 day" holiday to Uganda.  AAArrrggghhhh!!!

Hmm, I think that the fixtures could have been kinder to us to be honest! I don''t like the look of our Christmas and into New year, or the final run in. The start doesn''t look *that* bad, with the potential for 3 home games on the trot, and nice to get Southampton away out of the way early on.

But oh well, looks exciting I guess! Bring it on.

[quote]Those fixtures are perfect. A few tasty home games and the scum and the scummers away before the end of September and then I''m off to uni in Brighton. I move onto the campus on October 1st, just when ...[/quote]

I agree, I''m at Brighton Uni at the mo. I found the silver lining of us going down was Brighton staying up giving me a nice easy away game to sort out. Good to see another Norwich fan moving down here, what campus are you in?

Whatever happened to the boxing day rivalry?

we have sheffield

Cant wait for the season to start!

Cant wait for the sc*m games, naturally!

A lot of midweek away games as well, but nevermind, atleast Plymouths not one of them! (Unless our Saturday game gets cancelled and its moved to mid week! Hope not tho!)

Cant wait for August 6th!!!!!

BRING ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Absolutly gutted booked this years holiday prior to the season being bought forward, then we go down, now we get The gypsies first game so I miss 3 home games. was only expecting to miss 2 at the most THANKS a lot fate!!!! Can we have the prediction up and running by the end of july so I can predict before I go.

I did think we will walk this but now it seems its going to be a long season and i can see some team such as Wolves staying solid and consistent throughout the season which we will have to match. Im not confident, anyone else feel like that?

will norwich police allow us to play at home the same day as ipswich play cardiff ? should be lively in yarmouth if they do

just looking through fixtures noticed jan 2 preston home 7.45 pm ko is this a bank holiday surely 3 pm would attract a larger gate

I have to say I like it that the Coventry game has been switched to make it a home game. Always enjoy the first home game of the season, made all the better with it being first game of the season, on a Saturday and at 3:00. Nice to see the return of the mid-week game to Carrow Road so soon into the season with Crewe, no doubt Ashton will bang a few in, as will Rivers. Then I go on holiday, miss one of the biggest fictures of the season. Naff. However, am down Southampton way on hols so might pop along to the game. As you notice, after 2 weeks we will have played 4 games. And then the week after there is a game. Unlike last season when we went nearly a month before the next home game. That I must admit is something I won''t miss about the Prem. Or the quiet away fans. Or the diving cheats. Or the diving cheating refs. Or the big headed gloryhunting fans. Or the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys. Or the away fans in the home end taking away the tickets from true Norwich fans. Or... nope, think thats it for now.

At the end of the day whether we play coventry at home or away is irrelevant - we still play all 23 competitors home and away across the 9 months from 6th Aug.   The only thing that really struck me (other than the C''s in alphabetical order) was just how many games there appear to be in comparison to last season highlighting just how much of a slog it will be.

We have three home fixtures to start the season and we have to get the ball running with 7 points from those games. It will not be easy but I honestly do not think we have to be scared of any fixture - we have the squad to do well in this league against ANY other team - looking at the fixture list convinced me of that and I am not known for my over optimism (its certainly not arrogance);

The question is do the manager and players have the gordon ramsey balls to deliver results, week in week out?  How we play at  Watfor will be the first barometer test for me - or at a cold October Luton - that is where we will win or lose promotion - win there and the attitude will be right and its game on.

And how many fans are lucky enough to have a home fixture for the first AND last game of the season?  Party on 6th Aug...

OTBC

And I have only just noticed 7 home fixtures in the first 11 games - what an opportunity to dominate the legue from the off - if we can get the frame of mind right.

Come on you yellows... 

OTBC 

Yes Zipper, we do have to play all the teams at some point but as you have hinted at, it can make a BIG difference how teh fixtures turn out.

I am convinced that last season we were badly hindred by the diificult opening games which meant that after our failure to beat Palace, we were always playing catch up. It was only the inability of the other 3 to do much better with easier fixture that kept us in contact. Had we had a slightly less daunting run we may well have built confidence more quickly- its not nice looking at the table very week and finding yourself at the foot.

This looks like an ideal start and one that we really must capitalise on.

Tue Nov 22 Millwall (7.45pm) A    
Sat Nov 26 Coventry City  A    
Sat Dec 3 Derby County  A    
Sat Dec 10 Crewe Alexandra  A

Can''t wait to get those out of the way - 4 in a row!

Im not too impressed with the fact that we have switched the coventry game as it now means that i will miss the first three fixtures. As my wife works in the education system means we have to take our holidays during the first few weeks of the summer holidays so as to miss the least amount of games, one maybe two if im unlucky but this is just really anoying. ive spoken to a few other friends and they are in the same possition surely the club should of canvassed the views of the fans before they agreed to coventry,s request . I will just have to hope the home game against palace is shown on sky and moved back a day so i dont have to suffer three missed games OTBC

[quote]Tue Nov 22 Millwall (7.45pm) A Sat Nov 26 Coventry City A Sat Dec 3 Derby County A Sat Dec 10 Crewe Alexandra A Can''t wait to get those out of the way - 4 in a row![/quote]

Yes 4 in a row but none of the fixtures make me think oops we have problems there - assuming things go well we can almost afford to come out of those games with ''only'' 4/5 points.

The hardest part will be not having a home game for a month... that will be like being back in the prem 

OTBC 

[quote]Tue Nov 22 Millwall (7.45pm) A Sat Nov 26 Coventry City A Sat Dec 3 Derby County A Sat Dec 10 Crewe Alexandra A Can''t wait to get those out of the way - 4 in a row![/quote]

Seconded Al.  Those games will show, IMO, whether we are really good enough to mount a promotion challenge.  Our away form played a massive part in getting us up two seasons ago.  We need to continue that next season

Like an earlier poster, I''m on holiday for first three games. It''s all very well Norwich doing a favour for Coventry but have the considered the number of fans who will now miss three games instead of two because of holidays?

And we usually go to Coventry so that''ll be another £100 quid, whch I wouldn''t have otherwise spent.

And while I''m having a moan does anyone know why Norwich always play midweek fixtures on a Tuesday. This is the only night of the week I can''t do because of work commitments but we always choose for midweek games.

Doing a quick tally up. We have four more games at home than last season, but I''m likely to see about three or four fewer because of midweeks and these three at home at the start of the season.

I''m feeling very cheated and cheesed off.