Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Durham thinks we should sign Carroll next season....

Never considered this before, but Durham, in his Talksport article this week, thinks Hughton got the best from him when at Newcastle and it would benefit all parties to put them together.

Now, I don''t know if we could ever afford him, even on loan, but does get the mind thinking, him, if fully fit and RVW together.

I know most answers will be can''t afford... But put that aside, purely based on the player, should we consider this? I would love to see him lead the attack, but midfield would need overhaul to provide ammunition for a talented pair of strikers like this.

it''s very well saying put the money issues aside, but there is no real point in considering it if we can''t afford him.

we can''t afford rooney, dzeko, ageuro, suarez, rvp, podolski, cisse, ba, torres, and countless others, but I would heavily consider signing them to the club.

IMO carrol is a huge player, and well worth 18m. and I believe hughton would get the best out of him.

but, we do not have a hope in hell of getting him.

Would love him here but wages would be the issue. He''ll prob sign for West Ham if he doesn''t get his desired move back to Newcastle.

Why would we want him?His best form was 3 seasons ago. Ask Torres, Owen, Bent, Kenwyne-Jones and countless others if you ever get that back.

I mentioned this to my "big-6 supporter" collegues at work and they wouldn''t buy it. I could see it working though, Carroll playing with RVW, Bechs Holt, KK(?). Getting him on loan would be cracking, the link seems legit i.e. Hughton + Newcastle. Mind you, this is Durham talking, how that man still has a job I dont know. [S]

Is this the Durham who thinks we are rubbish and will be relegated? Surely Carroll wouldn''t want to drop down a division, or is he inadvertently fessing up that he doesn''t really believe his own spoutings....

Javier''s Deaf Translator"]it''s very well saying put the money issues aside, but there is no real point in considering it if we can''t afford him. we can''t afford rooney, dzeko, ageuro, suarez, rvp, podolski, cisse, ba, torres, and countless others, but I would heavily consider signing them to the club. IMO carrol is a huge player, and well worth 18m. and I believe hughton would get the best out of him. but, we do not have a hope in hell of getting him.

Javier, read my post again......

Its a general discussion,,,, I know the blah blah about money, just thinking how/if he would fit in hypothetically as I saw an article which made me think. Try opening your mind a bit...

Javier''s Deaf Translator; "IMO carrol is a huge player, and well worth 18m. and I believe hughton would get the best out of him"

Ha ha well worth £18m, are you kidding me?

He has only scored 6 goals this season (yes he has been out injured for a while) so that''s £3m per goal, ridiculous...

not kidding at all. he was misused in his time at Liverpool, has performed extremely well when he has been fit enough to play this season and also did will during the euros. if a manager knows how to utilize him he can be devastating (as hughton showed with 1/2 a season of prem playing time.)

and I did open my mind, OP, which is why I brought in a player like aguero, I think he would be massive under our system and hughton and would fit in extremely well.

aguero and rvw playing off eachother? it would be amazing.

how ever, like AC, he is well beyond our means.

Too expensive and too injury prone. He never plays even close a complete season and in fact only manages a fraction in recent seasons. Leave well alone IMO.  

Sorry but Carroll is not worth close to 18m, he has scored about 10 goals in 2 seasons. Would be aggrieved if we paid more than 5m for him. Absolute travesty he got in to the England squad last year

Carroll will always divide opinion, but on current form/performances, he isn''t worth anywhere near the touted 18 million price tag.The Carroll that played under Hughton may have been worth close to 12 million or so, but there''s absolutely no guarantee that''s what we''d get if he did come, and instead we could get the goal shy, problem child instead...On a cut price deal I''d say go for it, but at the price and in our current position - avoid like the plague...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]We have already secured RVW - why is there any need to consider anyone else for that job?[/quote]Because they''re totally different styles of player.RVW is more of a classic goal poacher and box player, whereas Carroll is the big strong hold up type player who excels in the air.They''d compliment each other very well IMHO, but the price tag is just too high.It''s simply about giving us options, and like him or not, Carroll would give us a different option...

One of the most overated players i have ever seem, 5m and 1/3 of his rumoured 80K a week wages he might be worth it, but we are not in a position to slap another 15m then the wages on him just because he''s English.

Massively over-rated and a total kn*bend too.
Never worth £18mill even if we could afford that. Suarez only cost Liverpool £23mill. For that kind of money I can think of about 150 players I would rather spend it on.
If the price tag were realistic, say 6-7million then it''d be worth considering.
We''re talking about a player who averages 1 goal every 5 games in the Prem. That''s 8 per season, and some of you would shell out nearly £20mill for that? It''s actually mental. The only reason Carroll is even mentioned in that price bracket is because Liverpool spunked most of their Torres money on him, paying about 4 times his market value, and they''re not going to take a loss of £28-30mill on him.

On the subject of Andy Carroll, this is pure comedy gold. His genuine bebo page:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4957197631