Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Teenagers glued to mobiles !

Today....Great game, great result, great nail biting atmosphere.

But....I have noticed a modern disease is creeping in to Carrow Road.

I could not help but notice yet another teen in front of me playing a video game on his mobile for the ENTIRE duration of the game.

I have seen this many times before. What a waste. Drives me nuts.

I say ban them from the ground and let people who might actually watch the game have their ticket !

They pays their money, its their choice.I agree its pretty stupid though.A mate of mine who is a Chelsea season ticket holder says its not uncommon to too people sat on their ipads at games lol.

Why bother making the effort to go to the game if you''re not going to watch it at all? Bit odd really.

I''m normally quite attached to my phone, even when I''m watching football at home I quite often do something else at the same time, but that''s at home. Most I''ll do during a game is a quick text.

[quote user="JayNCFC"]I was on my phone quite a lot through the game... checking the other scores.Is that allowed?[/quote]Only if you''re a tinpot pantwetter.[;)]

Nothing wrong with the odd text, check out other scores...even listen to a spot of Radio Norfolk.

But this was 90 minutes of a ''shoot em up'' video game !

I think most people like to check how other results are going, I certainly do. I can''t see anything wrong with that.

"I fear the day technology overlaps with our humanity. The world will then have only a generation of idiots"- Albert Einstein.

It''s not just football, I see it all the time at restaurants, cinemas, the beach and more. Really quite sad.

Heck, when I went to see the hobbit, a guy in front of me was texting to a mate about how aweso,e the movie was! Sigh...

I''m usually too engrossed in the action to check my phone, aside of at half time.

People pay their money though, it''s up to them

I normally make a few texts about the match and check other scores. Other than that I don''t use my phone during matches. If its an important match I turn my phone off.

Do think its stupid to go to the match and not watch. Annoys me even more if the match is a sell out and people who actually want to watch can''t get tickets.

Oh dearie dearie me.

Seems like "poor old wiz" has resorted to argumentum ad hominum again

Bless him, he''s not of first rate intelligence.

When I first started attending games during the 1960''s, many people brought trannies with them and stuck them to their ear all game. Must have been very distracting.

Oh, and back then trannies were transistor radios and not transsexuals, just to make it clear.

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

Nothing wrong with the odd text, check out other scores...even listen to a spot of Radio Norfolk.

But this was 90 minutes of a ''shoot em up'' video game !

[/quote]

I agree its stupid, but whats it to you? they paid for their seat they can do what they want (within reason)

Welcome to the 2000''s, Ketts. Try teaching World History with an exam from the govt. they HAVE to pass to move to the next grade level while the school is pressuring you to keep your failure rate below 10% ha ha.

As Ron Burgundy found out the hard way, the times, they are a-changin''.

Just roll with it, Buddy!

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]

When I first started attending games during the 1960''s, many people brought trannies with them and stuck them to their ear all game. Must have been very distracting.

Oh, and back then trannies were transistor radios and not transsexuals, just to make it clear.

[/quote]Spoilsport [:D]

Sorry, I forgot every casual post on the pink un had to be source checked, revised, give a bibliography and be submitted to a deadline.

Seems a few of you are able to get your phones to work inside CR. I can make calls but can never get any of the apps like Sky Sports to load during half time.

Same here. CR seems to be blocking my phone from doing anything other than emergency calls.