Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Atmosphere

Why was it much better pre match today?

Due to the happy clappy things.

Or because the PA system music was quieter and fans were about to sing and be heard?

because everyone said fu(k it lets give it a go and enjoy ourselves for once, we will rock you with the clappers was a masterstroke, you will get the usual sneerers but there was singing in all parts of the ground throughout the game... the crowd saw what actually getting behind the team whatever could do for the youth team on tuesday and tried the same today... lets face it we are not that good but between us we got over the line today... whatever it was worked like a charm today and if it takes a cardboard clapper to get things going then so be it OTBC

I wasn''t there - but what we could here on the stream, the atmosphere throughout the whole game was better.

I really was not happy about these damn clapper things but I was wrong. It did generate a good atmosphere and the Jarrold stand was impressive FFS even the City Stand could be heard.

[quote user="im spartacus"]

because everyone said fu(k it lets give it a go and enjoy ourselves for once, we will rock you with the clappers was a masterstroke, you will get the usual sneerers but there was singing in all parts of the ground throughout the game... the crowd saw what actually getting behind the team whatever could do for the youth team on tuesday and tried the same today... lets face it we are not that good but between us we got over the line today... whatever it was worked like a charm today and if it takes a cardboard clapper to get things going then so be it OTBC

[/quote]

Well said im spartacus. The atmosphere on Tuesday took a little while to get going but get going it did. Not been on here for a few days but thought the clappers were there because of Tuesday''s result when I got into the ground.

For all the complaining about the clappers and tinpottery, they actually helped.

Fans can clearly create a great atmosphere still in Carrow Road, just seems we need a bit of a push in the right direction. Much better, throughout the game.

Noticed that the music was alot quiter which was great, but it was a real masterstroke getting Eaddie, Dion and Hucks on with the youth team... it was a whos who of fan favorites that always get a reaction from the crowd along with the youth lads and their massive achievement! Certainly helped that we came out of the traps flying, but yeah it was great that everyone seemed to realise this was a big game and pulled as one!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I really was not happy about these damn clapper things but I was wrong. It did generate a good atmosphere and the Jarrold stand was impressive FFS even the City Stand could be heard.[/quote]I am sure we have had them at one game in the season for the past 3 seasons now...?Obviously McNally likes them.

Not a great fan of this '' happy clappy '' stuff but got to admit the Club got it right yesterday. Bringing the U18''s and ex-players onto the pitch was a good move and keeping the music volume down helped.Of course the biggest assist was something no one could do anything about....the weather. After what''s been weeks of almost permanent rain,wind and grey skies the all day blue sky and sun made a huge difference to the '' feel good '' atmosphere.

[quote user="im spartacus"]

[/quote]

[Y]