Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

What sort of player is jarrret?

I know this has been asked about 3 times before but i am about to create him on Pro Evo (yes i know it sounds sad). but i need to know what sort of player he is...

for example. in the pinkun story it said "box to box player who turns defence to attack". Is he a winger or a central midfielder? Is he tall? And what player would you compare him to?

Tallish, athletic central midfielder who has big workrate and gets around the park well but whose passing is a bit iffy and who gives the ball away on occasions seems to be the Wigan fans verdict. Sounds like a cross between Gary Holt and Damo if you ask me

can anyone clear this up? if i am not mistaken jarret played centre back the season before last and therefore only recently converted to a midfield role. If this is the case, perhaps worthy will play him at centre back, like hie did at blackpool.

He has hardly had the "we wish you well" you would have expected on the un-official wigan sites, despite prompting by some of us lot on here (you know who you are!)

Apparently, he cant hit a cow''s backside with a banjo, he cant shoot, but he does cover "every blade of grass" and works hard.  Mmmmmmmm, ring any bells?

I am not here to have a pop at him, so dont take this the wrong way and I am quite prepared to give him a great welcome at the beginning of his first home game.

At the end of the day though, he is free, worthington knows him and obviously likes him, he has left the guarantee of premiership football to come here, and he is our first signing of the summer.

Sam Parkin would also be welcome, but unfortunately I fear that Leon has been attracted back to London. West Ham maybe?

[quote]I know this has been asked about 3 times before but i am about to create him on Pro Evo (yes i know it sounds sad). but i need to know what sort of player he is... for example. in the pinkun story it...[/quote]

And  yes, creating him on pro evo is sad. Get outside and play the game yourself!

Sounds like sour grapes from the Wigan fans !    hey !!  Hucks got the same treatment from most of the mancity fans ...  and HE got them IN the prem ,  and he did the same for us     so I wouldn`t believe any kind of crap  , from anybody , until Jarrets had the chance to demo what he`s about , he broke his leg , and was out for a while last season  , but he got stuck in  when he recovered , that indicates character ,   looks to me like Worthy  might have done a good deal !

Sounds like sour grapes from the Wigan fans !    hey !!  Hucks got the same treatment from most of the mancity fans ...  and HE got them IN the prem ,  and he did the same for us     so I wouldn`t believe any kind of crap  , from anybody , until Jarrets had the chance to demo what he`s about , he broke his leg , and was out for a while last season  , but he got stuck in  when he recovered , that indicates character ,   looks to me like Worthy  might have done a good deal !

He is basically the new Gary Holt...not a starter in the first XI, but if Francis is injured or Safri is injured, Jarrett can do a job replacing one of these two. That said, should either Safri or Francis leave the club, we would not use Jarrett to replace them permanently, we''d replace the player that has left with a new player of equal quality.

What you''ll get from Jarrett is 100% effort every game and he''ll cover every blade of grass. The best thing about the signing of Jarrett is that he has room to improve, he''s the right age and working with the club, he could become as good as a fully committed Francis.

Good signing, especially for the cost!

Worthy knows him well. also paul jewell was prepared to keep him and he is one very clever manager success where ever hes been that will do for me.Not to mention hes a freebie cant go wrong.

Prior to him agreeing to come here, the Wigan''s fans were pleading with him to stay, now they are calling him every vile name in creation, crazy!.

Welcome Jason, and the best of luck mate.