Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

R Martin

He is young and improving,  gets forward and is strong in the air and offers some genuine leadership which has been missing this season. And despite what some fans think is keeping whittaker out of the team on merit.

We do not need to let any players go and we should make him feel wanted here.

If he wants to go - then thats another matter.

LOL 3m ???R.Martin is pretty much a regular and dependable. Wouldnt let him leave at all, and 3m is insulting, what planet do some of you live on ?

i would be very surprised if Russ would even consider leaving City unless the club said the offer was too good for both sides to turn down. and i don''t think that scenario is likely to ever occur.

In Ruddy, Bunn, Martin, Bassong, Turner and Whittaker (and I would also like to add Garrido) we have the basis of a very solid defensive set-up for quite a few seasons. Perhaps rating amongst our all-time great defences. I see this group of players as the rock upon which our continued Premiership survival stands. 

Why change that for a few much not-needed millions? RM is currently defining all that is best about our team atm and selling him would leave too massive a gap. 

The question should really be about additions rather than subtractions. Do we persevere with young Bennett? Do we hang onto Mad Mark? Will El Magnifico be retained?

For me Russell Martin is one of our most effective players in the side despite his limited ability at this level.

His atributes are consistancy - he rarely is outstanding but is also even less rarely poor, he can be effective at CB and RB, hes rarely injured, his positive atitude is good for the tesam spirit and hes constanly improved since he joined us!

When you consider all that hes worth more than £3M and like I said on another thread we need 11 players outside of the 1st 11 who can come in and do a job. Its the hell out of me when we get all this "I''d seel him" bull we get every season around this time from people who don''t see the bigger picture. R Martins the same as Holt in that we all know need to get beter players if the teams goign to get more established inthe top flight but these two remain vital members of the squad!