Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Poached players.

There have been a few posts about players being allowed to leave but do we have many that will be being eyed up by other teams. Who is good enough to be poached by an oppo? And who do we need to keep hold of, no matter what silly money is being offered?

We HAVE to keep hold of the main core of the squad and signing RVW will only help this,

Ruddy, Bunn, Whittaker, R.Martin, R.Bennett, Bassong, Turner, E.Bennett, Pilkington, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Johnson, Tettey

Anyone else could be in danger of being replaced

Thats odd, recently i think its been proven that Wes is a luxuary we cant accomodate and perhaps an average Snoddy. Id say its time to say thank you and goodbye.

[quote user="York Canary"]Prefer scrambled myself..or even fried[/quote]beat me to it. but agree that Wes can now be easily replaced, his overall contributions are not that impressive anymore and i believe that we have now moved beyond his abilities. i would be very surprised if any PL club made an approach for him.

There''s always one. :-)Apologies for the title. Not that well thought out.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="York Canary"]Prefer scrambled myself..or even fried[/quote]beat me to it. but agree that Wes can now be easily replaced, his overall contributions are not that impressive anymore and i believe that we have now moved beyond his abilities. i would be very surprised if any PL club made an approach for him.[/quote]

That''s an interesting viewpoint not shared by the people around me yesterday - first half - who thought the game was crying out for Wessi. His ability to create space and ''angles'' and take responsibility (when anxiety got the better of the players, causing us to lack cohesion and hit speculative long straight balls) was missed all thought

I think Ruddy is the one we have to worry about, hopefully his long layoff has kept him out of other managers thoughts. Bassong maybe.

The trouble is it would probably need a top 6 or so club to come in for one of our players for a "poaching" scenario where we have no real choice but to sell because either the money is too good or the player really wants to go.

The more I think about it, Ruddy is pretty much our only player who fits that criteria.

Ruddy is probably our main concern.  Top teams always seem on the lookout for a reliable goalkeeper (ok, mostly Arsenal). 

I agree about Ruddy. There have been reports of teams sniffing around for a while.

Bassong is integral to the team so any bids need rebuffing.

What about Snodgrass? A good quality player that could attract unwanted bids.

And what price would some of you accept for Hooly?

Bassong is the main one, i thought Ruddy, but Bunn has come in and coped well, not as good as Ruddy but certainly proven that Ruddy isn''t irreplaceable. I don''t think there''s a defender out there who we could replace Bassong with that would agree to join us.

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="star_manic"][quote user="York Canary"]Prefer scrambled myself..or even fried[/quote]beat me to it. but agree that Wes can now be easily replaced, his overall contributions are not that impressive anymore and i believe that we have now moved beyond his abilities. i would be very surprised if any PL club made an approach for him.[/quote]

That''s an interesting viewpoint not shared by the people around me yesterday - first half - who thought the game was crying out for Wessi. His ability to create space and ''angles'' and take responsibility (when anxiety got the better of the players, causing us to lack cohesion and hit speculative long straight balls) was missed all thought[/quote]And what did they think second half?

Not just the first half but the whole game.

We had a purple patch of 90 secs followed by 10 mins where confidence soared but beyond that we only matched reading at home.

442 still did not work for us and our midfield was over run - we should not have less possession at home in that sort of game. Tettey and wessi were missed yest, but fortunately we were playing a poor reading team and we did enough.