Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Holt

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]My man of the match today.[/quote]But you were there Morty so your opinion doesn''t count. [;)][/quote]Oh yeah, you''re right.He''s fat and past it etc etc etc.[;)]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Holt has been really disappointing. We''ve seen a side to him we didn''t think existed. He looks like he''s let the praise of last season go to his head. He''s looked lazy, disinterested and shown very little passion. Attributes that have made Holt the player he is and enabled him to hide the lack of natural ability.

Anyway hopefully we stay up and he clears his head this summer and comes back fitter and refreshed. I''d love to see an on form Holt play with better players like RVW. I still believe he can offer us alot next season, if he has the desire to.[/quote]He covered every blade of grass today. Just how fit did you want him to be? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Holt has been really disappointing. We''ve seen a side to him we didn''t think existed. He looks like he''s let the praise of last season go to his head. He''s looked lazy, disinterested and shown very little passion. Attributes that have made Holt the player he is and enabled him to hide the lack of natural ability.

Anyway hopefully we stay up and he clears his head this summer and comes back fitter and refreshed. I''d love to see an on form Holt play with better players like RVW. I still believe he can offer us alot next season, if he has the desire to.[/quote]He covered every blade of grass today. Just how fit did you want him to be? [:^)][/quote]

Your opinion. An it''s a litte bit silly to suggest he covered every blade of grass. He worked harder then previous weeks today however he''s definitely played better and worked harder. Normally today''s performance from Holt would be considered average for his standards. Unfortunately his standards have not been reached recently thus making today''s performance seem a bit better than it actually was.

Thought he had a great game. A real captains performance. All over the pitch.And I was sitting very close to the corner flag and to see his reaction at the final whistle showed how much this club means to him.

And for those calling him fat should see him close up. He''s naturally a big lad but he ain''t fat.

Herman, I''ve never seen Holt in person, but anyone can tell from seeing him close up on tv that he is built like the proverbial brick sh!thouse, by which I mean solid. These are the same maroons (as Bugs Bunny would call them) who said Lee Croft was fat. So he has chubby cheeks. That doesn''t make him fat.

The last 2 minutes of the Reading game where he and a teammate I can''t recall ran down the clock in the Reading corner is further proof of Holt''s ball handling skills. Reading''s defenders were absolutley lost. That tactic usually works for 1/2 a minute, but Holt and Co. kept it going ''til the final whistle. How can anyone not appreciate that!?!?!

I may be cynical, but 4 games left, players are looking at next season now. I wouldn''t be surprised if Holty scored in every game from hereon. Just saying.

[quote user="shefcanary"]I may be cynical, but 4 games left, players are looking at next season now. I wouldn''t be surprised if Holty scored in every game from hereon. Just saying.[/quote]

Well now he''s no longer fat as feck and a red card waiting to happen there has to be another angle....

From a fans opinion point of view he played it perfectly (not intentionally I hasten to add) in that he ended the game well.

He was abysmal first half,  no link up play,  limited movement and simply unimpressive.    

But he definitely improved in the second half and upped his game - covered more ground and became involved for the first time in weeks.  His professionalism at gaining free kicks at the end certainly eased pressure.      I dont think his seond half performance was excellent and dont agree he came anywhere near MOTM quality in his performance (Kei, Seb, Bennett all well ahead)  but he showed all the doubters that he still has the desire and ability to have earnt a spot in next years squad - even if he will have to accept that he will warm the bench a lot.

[quote user="Herman "]Thought he had a great game. A real captains performance. All over the pitch.And I was sitting very close to the corner flag and to see his reaction at the final whistle showed how much this club means to him. And for those calling him fat should see him close up. He''s naturally a big lad but he ain''t fat.[/quote]

*this*

Houston, I''m pretty sure it was Kei who Holt combined with to run down the last two minutes of injury time - not normally a fan of such things (and it usually doesn''t work) but they did it brilliantly, drawing fouls, winning a corner etc. Holt seemed to get a mention on it a lot on canary call, but no one mentioned Kei.

It was nice to see a 442 [:D]Holt''s passing let him down in the first half, but you can not fault his cause. He is a legend, and that should never be forgotten [:)]

We were putting decent balls into the box yesterday and thats where Holt becomes his most potent!

The system we''ve played this season means that we haven''t had the ball in the oppositions box so much which has nullifyed Holts game tremendously!

Despite not being as effective as he was under the last manager over the course of the season Holts still been our best striker and thats not my opinion its fact when you look over the course of the season. Better strikers than Holt would have struggled under the one upfront system used quite often!

I get the impression from Holts body language that he doesn''t agree with Hughtons tactics and style of play but his professionalism has been exemplery!

Every season at this time of the year we get all the " hes got to be replaced" bull and Holts name has been one of the most common names associated with these opinions. We need a big squad at this level and we need almost another 11 players outside of the 1st choice who can do a job in the Premiership. This means that playes like Holt are the last ones who should be going. The likes of David Fox, Chris Martin, Butterfield, Barnett, Andrew Surman and probably Becchio are the ones who needs to be replaced by players better than what we''ve got now.

For me ideally the likes of Holt and Kamara will still be with us but we''ll also have Wolfs Winkel and another new striker better than what we have at present!

Nobody seems to be calling Holty fat today....

Has he been to weight watchers[:^)]

Red card waiting to happen.......

[:|]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Houston, I''m pretty sure it was Kei who Holt combined with to run down the last two minutes of injury time - not normally a fan of such things (and it usually doesn''t work) but they did it brilliantly, drawing fouls, winning a corner etc. Holt seemed to get a mention on it a lot on canary call, but no one mentioned Kei.[/quote]This is however a thread about Holt, and Kamara''s contribution is mentioned in the Kamara thread.