Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Holt

While his ability to sustain it at the top level is under question, his desire and determination is not. A captains performance today to see us over the line. Top notch commitment.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]While his ability to sustain it at the top level is under question, his desire and determination is not. A captains performance today to see us over the line. Top notch commitment.[/quote]
He had a poor game first half. Second half he was vital. Both goals came directly from him (Rebound off his header for first, pressured keeper into flapping for the second) and he was excellent in the last 2 or 3 minutes at keeping the ball in the corners, winning free kicks etc. 
Agree his leadership, desire and determination were a massive factor in getting us the win today.

When he fell over at the touchline and won a free kick after the slightest touch from Karacan in the 94th minute, the entire Beehive cheered as if a goal had been scored.  That''s the old Holt magic ♥

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]But his goal scoring ability has deserted him. 2 free headers today in a row from corners and he blasted both over. Disappointing.[/quote]
Actually 3 free headers. One of which he banged on target, forcing the keeper into an excellent save and the rebound was blasted home by R Benno.

I''m not discussing his ability in this thread, but i hope if he does exit in summer following another successful year of staying in the premiership, he will go down in NCFC folklore and be lauded for decades. His contribution is and continues to be immense, especially considering where both NCFC and Holt were when we signed him.

Poor finishing again today. You have to be ruthless at this level...needing too many chances to score I am afraid!  Two guilt edged headers missed and  golden opportunities to put this game to bed gone...we almost paid the price! If people are going to criticise Jackson for needing too many opportunities to score from then the same has to be said of Holt!  Come on Chris...another striker of much better quality needed to compliment the Ricky signing in the summer.

Much better game than recent dire performances and more of a captains game. Still not good enough unfortunately...

[quote user="SYG"]Much better game than recent dire performances and more of a captains game. Still not good enough unfortunately...[/quote]

Agreed. More desire from him today, improvement of late, but nowhere near good enough for EPL in present state.

Sad to see him go, but it is the end of the road this summer for Holt at Ncfc.

Thought Holt had a great game, dropped deep and ran the channels like he used to do. Could have done better with his headers but I don''t think they were as easy as some others are making out. I think we''ll play more adventurous football next season and that could see a return to the goals for Holty.

Thought this was going to be a thread bashing Holt again, glad it''s not.Imo he always gives 100% and today was no different, just a shame he''s not getting the goals he deserves.

Don''t think he was as good as people are saying! When we were under pressure and midfield were being pulled apart we needed someone to get the team re organised. He isn''t good enough for me.

Bye Holt, thanks for the 1st 3 years but should have gone at the start of the season(4th)!

I thought he was OK - came good at the end with his little cameo in the corner and he had 3 good headers from corners but only one was on target (and we scored from the follow-up.  Overall, I just think he seems to lack sharpness/fitness compared with last season.

I think he should stay, but he won''t be first choice

[quote user="AJ"]I think he should stay, but he won''t be first choice[/quote]

This is how I see it, he will still be an excellent member of the squad, but perhaps not first choice. Having said that, what chance he ends the season first choice anyway?

Last season Holt only started about 60% of the games even when he was fit.

[quote user="AJ"]I think he should stay, but he won''t be first choice[/quote]This is how I see it, he will still be an excellent member of the squad,

but perhaps not first choice. Having said that, what chance he ends

the season first choice anyway?

Last season Holt only started about 60% of the games even when he was fit.

Overall thought he had a good game today.   Still an inspirational leader.   I think he could score a hat trick in each of the last four games and there will still be people saying - not good enough etc etc.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Overall thought he had a good game today.   Still an inspirational leader.   I think he could score a hat trick in each of the last four games and there will still be people saying - not good enough etc etc.  

[/quote]To accomplish that feat you have to be in a rich vein of form and have the ability...unfortunately Holt this season is lacking in both instances!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Don''t think he was as good as people are saying! When we were under pressure and midfield were being pulled apart we needed someone to get the team re organised. He isn''t good enough for me.

Bye Holt, thanks for the 1st 3 years but should have gone at the start of the season(4th)!

[/quote]Felt he done well. And if you, out of all people nana, thought he wasn''t good, that probably means he was.And if you think he should go, it probably means he should stay.

[quote user="morty"]My man of the match today.[/quote]But you were there Morty so your opinion doesn''t count. [;)]

Holt has been really disappointing. We''ve seen a side to him we didn''t think existed. He looks like he''s let the praise of last season go to his head. He''s looked lazy, disinterested and shown very little passion. Attributes that have made Holt the player he is and enabled him to hide the lack of natural ability.

Anyway hopefully we stay up and he clears his head this summer and comes back fitter and refreshed. I''d love to see an on form Holt play with better players like RVW. I still believe he can offer us alot next season, if he has the desire to.