Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

So What Have Town Got to Attract Parkin?

Did Sam Parkin even speak to Norwich before signing for that mob down the road?

Or did he sign simply because he is virtually guaranteed first team football? Or maybe was it because he would be nearer London?

Time will tell but I reckon by the end of the season he will be looking upwards at the Canaries and then realise what a gooly he dropped.

parkin never spoke to Nigel. Nigel was only ''monitoring the situation'' no more than that. Ashton has angrily dismissed rumours that he is set to leave. Who needs Parkin. ?

[quote]Did Sam Parkin even speak to Norwich before signing for that mob down the road? Or did he sign simply because he is virtually guaranteed first team football? Or maybe was it because he would be neare...[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head with the need to play 1st team footie - he is not guaranteed that here and is at Ipswich. 

Combined with being a top 10 champs team its not hard to see the appeal in what is a definite step up for him.  He is a good player who will get better by playing not by sitting on the bench behind Leon.  

I hope you are right with your last paragraph but Iam sure Ippo will be there or there abouts come next may - I just hope our mental approach is right. 

OTBC

As already said, we never had talks with Parkin, i''m not sure if we even made a bid? I get the impression Worthington was just expressing his interest. The daft thing is, all the binners are already calling him a ''legend'' for ''turning down Norwich to join Ipswich'' lol.

Now going to get some food and then lock myself in a dark cupboard and ponder this question.

I will only emerge once i have found the reason- and also the solution to our costly, leaky defence.

Kris

PS If nobody hears from me in the next few days i would appreciate you send a search party- or an indian takeaway to Mulbarton!

from a neutral, you can see why he would go to ipswich, with the having no strikers, than waiting a bit to come to norwich where he''ll be behind the best partnership in the league.

[quote]As already said, we never had talks with Parkin, i''m not sure if we even made a bid? I get the impression Worthington was just expressing his interest. The daft thing is, all the binners are already c...[/quote]

If Ipswich are calling him a legend for turning down Norwich then that would appear they think we are a superior team and are surprised that Parkin has chosen them over us!!?

[quote]A little thing called a guaranteed first team place!![/quote]

Thats it, basically the same thing why huckerby signed for us

I have it on good authority from a very reliable insider at Carra Rud, that the reason Parkin didn''t sign for us, is that there was a conflict of interest between Parkin and our very own Gary Doherty.

They''ve both got the same galloping baldness hairstyles........... ;~) OTBC

He signed because he wants to end up back in League 1 very shortly.......

Parkin is no great loss, i still think we''ll sign Freddy Eastwood or someone of a similar ilk.  Even if we dont, then as some posters have already mentioned, we have by far the most superior strike force in the league as it is anyway - FACT.  If the Binners want to revel in their non-existent glory then by all means let them, because by the time the yellow and green bandwagon rolls into Portman Road, they''ll be quaking in their boots.  Parkin or no Parkin we will get promotion this season and i know which strike force i''d rather have.

Hmm let me think Ashton/McKenzie or Parkin/Forster........................

On the ball city

[quote]I have it on good authority from a very reliable insider at Carra Rud, that the reason Parkin didn''t sign for us, is that there was a conflict of interest between Parkin and our very own Gary Doherty....[/quote]

haha, mellow!!!!!!!!!

NEver actually took much notice till you brung it up! But yes indeed, they would be fighting over who is indeed the ginger pele!

Doubt we even bid, reminds me of the Hulse situation a while back. Dunno if we ever really bid for him as it was never acknowledged by Crewe whatsoever