Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Clap banners being put in seats at Carrow Road

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Fozzie"]I doubt anything will come of it, but I did ask Mcnally if there will be any sign of solidarity for the Boston bombing tomorrow.

Personally I''d like to hear ''Sweet Caroline'' played just before kick-off, Red Sox style, but I doubt many in the stadium would get the significance.  They''d probably just play ''More than a Feeling'' instead.
[/quote]

Don''t get me wrong I have the upmost sympathy for anyone envolved.But if we had something for every event , it would be something at just about every home game.

[/quote]

that doesn''t seem to stop Liverpool FC ?!?

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Fozzie"]I doubt anything will come of it, but I did ask Mcnally if there will be any sign of solidarity for the Boston bombing tomorrow.Personally I''d like to hear ''Sweet Caroline'' played just before kick-off, Red Sox style, but I doubt many in the stadium would get the significance.  They''d probably just play ''More than a Feeling'' instead.[/quote]
Don''t get me wrong I have the upmost sympathy for anyone envolved.But if we had something for every event , it would be something at just about every home game.
[/quote]I understand what you mean, but I wasn''t quite calling for a minute silence for every victim of every accident of the week, with slideshows and bible readings, was I?  I was suggesting that one of the many songs that are going to be played regardless be changed and dedicated. Seeing as the tragedy happened at a major sporting event, affecting other major sporting events as well this week (not to mention the "almost a million" local residents ordered to stay home and lock their doors during the manhunt), perhaps a few minutes of THIS sporting event can be used to at least say "Sorry, bro".But what do I know, eh?  You do or you don''t, am I right?  Get me a bottle o''beer and a sausage roll before the game and I''m happy as Larry.

If the club has reduced itself to this hysteria for this match... I dread to think what it''ll do for the Villa and WBA games if we still need the points?!?

Be good to see Razz the Clown back though !

Urgh, hated them as much as I thought I would today.

They just droned on and on all through the match... SMACKSMACKSMACKSMACKAMACK

I have never heard so many whiney fans ever... My goodness Not sure if you know this but "Fortress Carrow Road" is usually dead as a door nail. It''s embarrassing listening sometimes on the tv here in Florida. My friends are like...that is a sold out stadium??? They use those clap banners here in America at all the games and it brings so much more noise and excitement and brings more home passion. I say anything they can do to make Carrow noisier the better. I swear nothing this board does can make some of you happy. This week the whole team and ex players have been begging for more noise. It''s sad that they even have to do that.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Fozzie"]I doubt anything will come of it, but I did ask Mcnally if there will be any sign of solidarity for the Boston bombing tomorrow.

Personally I''d like to hear ''Sweet Caroline'' played just before kick-off, Red Sox style, but I doubt many in the stadium would get the significance.  They''d probably just play ''More than a Feeling'' instead.
[/quote]

[/quote]

that doesn''t seem to stop Liverpool FC ?!?

[/quote]

right on cue!....BBC Sport@BBCSport18m

Liverpool FC will hold a minute''s applause before Sunday''s game in memory of Anne Williams & those affected by Boston Marathon attacks

Anne Williams understandably but I didn''t think that football club were going to resist an opportunity to grieve in a tradgedy that has nothing to do with them when nobody else in the country felt the need to this weekend?

Funny how the 27 innocent people in Baghdad who died a few days ago don''t get a minutes silence.

I guess their lives don''t matter.

Whatever your view on the ''tinpottedness'' of the clappers I did find that people sitting near me in the south stand actually started to sing as well as use the clappers to make some noise.

As a once off they had the desired affect of getting the atmosphere up(and for advertising the EEN & EDP). It wouldn''t work every week but for this one match I think it was, in hindsight, a good idea.

I thought they looked brilliant when everyone used them when we scored.

And it does seem like most did.

This is good, because it means the depressive miserable bunch we hear so often from are actually quite a small minority.

I saw people using them, not throwing them onto the pitch, making paper aeroplanes out of them, or sticking them up anyones arse.