Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Clap banners being put in seats at Carrow Road

Really?

Seems just way too cringeworthy and tinpot for me. Goal music, orchestrated OTBC and now clap banners for an important game? Repulsive.

All they will do is drown out the proper clapping and generate a massive amount of annoying noise. As well as keeping up the ''lazy supporting'' that seems to be infecting our club.

What next? Cheerleaders and vuvuzuelas?

Get rid!

Calling things tinpot is tinpot.

I really don''t get that attitude, I find it quite funny. Like when fans, our own and others, say the goal music is cringey. Why, its some bloody music, doesn''t hurt anyone.

It really isn''t a big deal. Football fans in England are getting worse and worse and worse anyway. And if last weekend is anything to go by, the only things fans seem to manage themselves to try and help is violence. Whats the point in talking about creating a better atmosphere on here, its been done over and over again since we were promoted, and its not going to work.

Its not even a Premiership. Back in ''05 we had some creative songs, decent atmosphere. Been going downhill ever since. I remember my first away game, 1-1 away at Portman road, Malky scored. Loads of songs were sung. It wasn''t quite as good at home, but still plenty of originality.

At least the club are actually trying to do something. Because the fans are incapable. Ok, its not going to be easy. But away fans can manage it. If all those fans who create great away atmospheres sung around the ground, get some more home fans involved then it should eventually work.

I thought the goal music had been stopped.....Then I remembered it was just the goals that had been stopped. [:S]

Tend to agree BW.   All a match needs to get off to a good start is a bit of pre-match entertainment.   In the old days fans created their own atmosphere by getting into a ground early to make sure they got a good position behind  the goals, thus ensuring a focal point for singing noise etc.

With the advent of seating this has largely disappeared and gets worse as time goes on and the loudest supporters get ever more separated.   The only solution is to get some kind of atmosphere going before the match as once it starts the only thing that can get it going is the team.   You could do this with competitions, marching bands, a compere on the pitch, introducing fans, children''s football games etc etc.  - and not some faceless geek hiding in a little box somewhere with a microphone making announcements.   All it takes is a little imagination.   

Clap banners is too little and too tokenistic.    

Nail on the head LDC.

Let the fans create the atmosphere. Get rid of the handholding (goal music etc). Help by all means, set up a campaign or something, but please stop with all these dodgy and quite frankly embarrassing attempts.

lets get rid of 3 2 1 otbc

lets get rid of goal music

and lets get rid of the clappers for tomorrows game

now then, lets see how loud carrow road will be.

we will quickly become known as the quiet riot.

I don''t like the 3 things I listed, but I do feel like right now without them most home games will be quite quiet.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]lets get rid of 3 2 1 otbc

lets get rid of goal music

and lets get rid of the clappers for tomorrows game

now then, lets see how loud carrow road will be.

we will quickly become known as the quiet riot.

I don''t like the 3 things I listed, but I do feel like right now without them most home games will be quite quiet.[/quote]

but we often sing otbc on our own around the same time

you think it would be quiet after a goal if we didnt have music?

and clappers are irrelevant because we never have them.

i''d happily not have all 3.

The last time the Clap-banners were supplied I was a little too enthusiastic and broke mine, I''m glad I''m getting a replacement    

Not a massive fan of the clappers/banner thing except for promotion celebration style situations, but Im not going to lose any sleep over it! However, as I can see many have suggest to McNally on Twitter, how about getting the Under 18 squad onto the pitch for a quick lap before kick off! That would get people off their feet and certainly worthy of making some noise, hopefully it would just spiral on from that!

[quote user="birchfest"]......... However, as I can see many have suggest to McNally on Twitter, how about getting the Under 18 squad onto the pitch for a quick lap before kick off! That would get people off their feet and certainly worthy of making some noise, hopefully it would just spiral on from that! [/quote]Now THAT is a good idea.Well done to whoever first suggested it.

LDC - "In the old days..." I vaguely remember the rattles that were popular - they were on a stick that you held in your hand and you sung them round and round.

Fact is, if you don''t want to use them, simply don''t. Just make sure you make some noise other than whingeing.

I used to love living near the ground, that was lovely to open the old windows and listen to the crowd roaring and cheering when we scored.  I do miss it so.

[quote user="morty"]Fact is, if you don''t want to use them, simply don''t. Just make sure you make some noise other than whingeing.[/quote]
But then where are you ment to put it ? .I have to sit down , so can''t put it on my seat.If I put it on the floor people could slip on it and it''s a health & safety risk.
Ban them ;)

[quote user="lake district canary"]Tend to agree BW.   All a match needs to get off to a good start is a bit of pre-match entertainment.   In the old days fans created their own atmosphere by getting into a ground early to make sure they got a good position behind  the goals, thus ensuring a focal point for singing noise etc.

[/quote]

I can tell you now that in the old days fans created their own atmosphere by lobbing bricks at each other and setting fire to things.  Ah, happy memories.

[quote user=" Badger"]LDC - "In the old days..." I vaguely remember the rattles that were popular - they were on a stick that you held in your hand and you sung them round and round.[/quote]  For the "old days" read "before seating" - not that long ago.   Rattles? Still popular I hear with those of a childlike nature, mungaduke for one.......

I doubt anything will come of it, but I did ask Mcnally if there will be any sign of solidarity for the Boston bombing tomorrow.Personally I''d like to hear ''Sweet Caroline'' played just before kick-off, Red Sox style, but I doubt many in the stadium would get the significance.  They''d probably just play ''More than a Feeling'' instead.

[quote user="Fozzie"]I doubt anything will come of it, but I did ask Mcnally if there will be any sign of solidarity for the Boston bombing tomorrow.Personally I''d like to hear ''Sweet Caroline'' played just before kick-off, Red Sox style, but I doubt many in the stadium would get the significance.  They''d probably just play ''More than a Feeling'' instead.[/quote]
Don''t get me wrong I have the upmost sympathy for anyone envolved.But if we had something for every event , it would be something at just about every home game.