Sign in to follow this  
Trouserdog

Norwich Players Who Are Good Enough For The Next Level?

Just doing a bit of early research for future bets etc. Which Norwich players do you feel are...

1.Good enough to play for a Top 4 team?

2. Good enough to play for a Top 8 team?

3. Not good enough at all for the Premiership?

Cheers for any help! Thanks.

1. John Ruddy thats about it i would say top 4 wise.

2. Bassong. Bradley Johnson,

3. Chris Martin, Elliot Ward, Leon Barnett, James Vaughan, Lee Camp, Mark Tierney, Simeon Jackson, Korey Smith, Tom Adeyemi, probably more but those are the obvious ones i can think of.

Ruddy - too injury prone, category 3.Bunn - too many basic errors, category 3.R Martin - lightweight going forwards, category 3.Bassong - can be indecisive and often aloof - category 3.Turner - liable to make catastrophic errors - category 3.R Bennett - see Turner, only more so. category 3.Garrido - offers nothing going forward.  category 3.Whittaker - always injured. category 3.Snodgrass - one trick pony without end product. Category 3.Pilkington - as name suggests, made of glass. Category 3.Johnson - can''t pass. Category 3.Tettey - can''t pass. Category 3.Fox - can''t tackle. Category 3.Howson - can''t do either. Category 3.Hoolahan - one footed show pony.  Category 3.E Bennett - pace but little else, easily found out.  Category 3.Kamara - tries hard but old dogs & new tricks etc.  Category 3.Holt - Should sign for Weightwatchers. Category 3.Becchio - I would say Category 3 but I''ve never seen him play, however if he was any good he''d be ahead of the above two so Category 3.Jackson - I don''t need to say anything really.  Category 3.

We''re lucky we had that ten game unbeaten run or our points tally would accurately reflect where we should be in the league.

Current squad players who are top 8 team squad members - when fit Ruddy is the only one.

We have some of our players in the cat 3 - solid mid/lower table prem team starting 11 players and most are squad players.

Our players are performing as a team better than their capabilities (none more so than BJ for example) and most are squad players in most prem teams.

and I would not change most of them for the world (just want 3-5 better firts team starters ;-0)

I don''t personally see much difference in ability between Bradley Johnson and say Scott Parker or Gareth Barry. There main job is to win the ball and give it to a player better than them.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]I don''t personally see much difference in ability between Bradley Johnson and say Scott Parker or Gareth Barry. There main job is to win the ball and give it to a player better than them.[/quote]

Except BJ fails to do just that. Unless you inculde the opposition with your statement.

This is always a rather strange question with very different answers.

Top 8 currently includes West Brom.

I''d say Bassong, Turner, Martin, Garrido and Whittaker would stand a chance of being in or around their side at the moment.

Top 3 is a much tougher question. Mainly because right now the Premier League is probably the best in the world. Man Utd are the richest in the world and Man City spend like they are.

Only but a minority of players will even be considered by them. If we have any of that sort of class I''d say we would be lucky to have them next season.

Ruddy is the most likely, is he better than de Gea, Hart or Cech? He is as good as any at Arsenal mind you.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]I don''t personally see much difference in ability between Bradley Johnson and say Scott Parker or Gareth Barry. [/quote]Holy f*cking sh*t, are you kidding me?

Perhaps Top 7 is a better cut-off point as there tends to be a fair gap between those teams challenging for Europa spots and the likes of West Brom, Swansea et al.

Really there are 2 teams streets ahead of everyone else, 3 Champions league sides and 2 Europa League sides (Everton and Liverpool) in the Premiership.

I''m actually attempting to put together some squad ratings based on the responses I get to these questions (plus my own judgement) as a tool for betting purposes. It''s potentially a decent framework on which to judge which teams are likely to improve the next year and which ones are likely to go the other way.

Generally, there''s so little to choose between the mid-table sides that having just one or two class players can make all the difference. e.g. Michu for Swansea, Berbatov at Fulham etc.

Players i would keep hold of if we were embarking on a top half finish:

Ruddy, Bassong, Turner, Johnson, Snodgrass, RVW.

Players good enough to sustain premiership football:

Bunn, Whittaker, Garrido, R Martin, Tettey, Howson (just), Pilkington, R & E Bennett, Kamara, Hoolahan, Holt (but maybe past his prime now)

Jurys out:

L Barnett, Ayala, Surman, Camp, Becchio

Not good enough:

Fox, C Martin, Ward, Jackson, Tierney

Have i missed anyone?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]The only player a top team would consider is John Ruddy[/quote]

Correct. An in all honesty if we are to progress to the next level, top 10, than I have to be brutally critical and say that not one of our players is good enough to hold down a place at a top ten premiership side. I think just staying in the premiership will be the target for the next 1-2 seasons.

Just about agree Lincoln, Ruddy is the exception...but I think Bassong certainly cold make a top 10 team too