Also good because we need a very close race for the CL places because Wigan play Spurs and Arsenal with Villa to play Chelsea. These teams ought to be motivated to take all three points of Wigan and Chelsea.However, I really dont like the thought of Man City easing off the gas too much because they could get involved in the scrap for CL places. Just in case we may need it, I would rather like their CL place confirmed well before the last day of the season so that their players can dream about being on the beach rather than trying to beat us.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Also good because we need a very close race for the CL places because Wigan play Spurs and Arsenal with Villa to play Chelsea. These teams ought to be motivated to take all three points of Wigan and Chelsea.

However, I really dont like the thought of Man City easing off the gas too much because they could get involved in the scrap for CL places. Just in case we may need it, I would rather like their CL place confirmed well before the last day of the season so that their players can dream about being on the beach rather than trying to beat us.
[/quote]

Man City will finish 2nd and will not need any points to confirm that when they play us.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Also good because we need a very close race for the CL places because Wigan play Spurs and Arsenal with Villa to play Chelsea. These teams ought to be motivated to take all three points of Wigan and Chelsea.

However, I really dont like the thought of Man City easing off the gas too much because they could get involved in the scrap for CL places. Just in case we may need it, I would rather like their CL place confirmed well before the last day of the season so that their players can dream about being on the beach rather than trying to beat us.
[/quote]

Man City will finish 2nd and will not need any points to confirm that when they play us.

[/quote]

That could go either way though. Either no pressure on them, so they play with complete freedom and thrash us. Or they play like the season is already over and we actually win.