Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Reading

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Of course, on second thoughts, it''s probably all they can do in this day and age to make to the bathroom....in time!

[/quote]

Yankee, we have had quite enough on this board about pantwetters without you adding a whole new dimension to the accusation!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Of course, on second thoughts, it''s probably all they can do in this day and age to make to the bathroom....in time!

[/quote]Cruel..........but never was a truer word spoken.[;)]

Good reports Ricardo. a few extra points.

1. Dean was good see my earlier post.

2. Bunn was a fault. The ball was moving (I sit in the barclay upper) but he has shifted his weight onto the wrong foot.

3. Holt. we could write book here, but I have to say, once again that he is tasked differently this year. How many times is he in a neutral position in possession? He is told to do and this leads to him (and us) being slower to move the ball forward.

4. Possibly the most important point. I am intriuged that you think we played two "up front". We played two players at kick off that we reagard as strikers, but apart from kick off , how many times would you say they were both forward (ie on the shoulder of the deepest defending player, together?)  . In answer (from the upper barclay) ... seldom

At lot of people on here get confused with the notion of 442. Rarely yesterday did we play this . Rarely did the 2 play alongside in the channels between CB and FB. That is what 442 means. In truth when possession overturned (we lost the ball) either GH or KK dropped into a defensive midfield position. At set peices we rarely left GH or KK up together.

CH plays (as most EPL managers do) transition shape, depending on possession. 442 becomes 451 and so on. But the speed of transition is what effects the shape. Lambert would tell his players to look for the earliest opportunity to move to 2 or 3 players in the last third. CH is completely the opposite. Our shape is held unless we are sure we can go to transitional, attacking shape. This is why the wider Mid players sit inside. And why GH comes wider to recieve the ball. If it were as simple as GH moving his kids to Cumbria that he doesn''t score as many goals CH could solve it tomorrow. it is this transtion that make al the difference.