Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Turner injury?

Any news on this anyone? Bennett did exceptionally well yesterday, but for the remaining games I''d like to see him back partnering Bassong, but it does seem that who ever plays along side Bassong raises their game. I beleive Bassong is playing through the pain barrier for us, at the final whistle he looked like he''d gone 15 rounds with Mike Tyson!

Special mention too for Snoddy yesterday, my MOM, he has the makings of a City legend.

Not heard anything official yet, but apparently he was spotted wearing a foot brace or something after the game - hopefully just as precaution.

Am more worried about seb - moving poorly all second half and agree he left the field looking injured.   Fingers crossed he too will be fit.

Well, Whittaker and Becchio were mysteriously nowhere to be seen yesterday, whilst Snodgrass also went off at the end so there seems to be a minor injury crisis lurking.

Hopefully there is nothing of note in this sick-list but I am puzzled enough by the ommision of both SW and LB from the bench to be keen to know more, particularly regards the former as, despite Bennett''s very good showing yesterday, I would prefer Martin to be in the centre should Turner be long-term. 

i thought Bennett was very good yesterday. certainly took Turners place as our goalscorer. when Turner walked off he did not appear to be in any difficulty so would hope it was more precautionary than a long term injury. Snoddy is fast becoming a cult hero. just wish he would stop argueing with the officials about every incident.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Well, Whittaker and Becchio were mysteriously nowhere to be seen yesterday, whilst Snodgrass also went off at the end so there seems to be a minor injury crisis lurking.

Hopefully there is nothing of note in this sick-list but I am puzzled enough by the ommision of both SW and LB from the bench to be keen to know more, particularly regards the former as, despite Bennett''s very good showing yesterday, I would prefer Martin to be in the centre should Turner be long-term. 

[/quote]The bloke that sits next to my dad in the Jarrold told him that Becchio has ''walked'', I know, i know... just sharing what i heard!

Whittaker was meant to have picked up a knock, or would surely have been on the bench at least. Not sure about Becchio - didn''t really hit the ground running but perhaps will get a chance before the end of the season.

I really doubt that there is any truth in the ''walked'' bit but he has cause to be a bit put out.

I feel a bit sorry for him though. His big break-through has been a bit damp-squibbish and he probably expected more opportunities to establish himself.

From being the Golden Boy at Leeds and coming all the way from sunny Elland Road he is now very much in the shadow of the new Golden Boy, KK, all the way from the USA.

Can he claim that he hasn''t been given a fair crack of the whip? Slightly IMO, but then hardly set the woods on fire either.

Is there anybody we can swap him with ala Morison? Gary Hooper maybe? ...... just a asking like.

Also, wasn''t he playing the contract game at Leeds and wasn''t there something about him wanting to play in the States for the extra money? How ironic then.  

Yeah, the Turner injury is a worry, been the best centreback at the club for the last few months (just edging ahead of Bassong).

R Bennett had a good game yesterday but you''ve also got to take into account that Reading carried very little threat upfront and the two centrebacks only really had Pogrebnyak to mark between them. However, he did his job well and that''s all you can ask of him.

[quote user="GJP"]

the two centrebacks only really had Pogrebnyak to mark between them. [/quote]

That is the same week in week out - formation we face is normally 1 striker - so not sure this is really relevant.   Was surprised they did not bring le fondre on - but reading did create enough chances without him so perhaps they thought they did not need him - that overhead kick was too close for comfort!

Thought Ryan did ok - not great and not motm either - and nowhere near as bad as most forum members seem to have him marked down as,  and played some great passes out.    But the quicker we have Turner and Bass fit the better

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="GJP"]

the two centrebacks only really had Pogrebnyak to mark between them. [/quote]

That is the same week in week out - formation we face is normally 1 striker - so not sure this is really relevant.  

[/quote]

Well I wasn''t commenting on the general use of 1 striker, I was specifically commenting on Pogrebnyak.