Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Clark

New players

Just wondering what you thoughts are on what position the new players we bring in will be, if there is going to be 5 like nigel says:

I would Say: Centre midfield = Jarrett

Right Back       =?

Right Wing       = bentley on loan??

Striker             = morrison would be nice

centre Half      = ??

I think those positions are correct. I''d like to see us bring in one more central midfielder as well though. Theres no certainty about Damo and that leaves Holt, Jarrett and Saffri and I think Holts going to be the backup. Right midfield is a problem as I''m not conviced Bentley will come back. At the back, Helveg could do a decent job if he stays but I think we need to look longer term for that position. We also need to look for a replacement for Fleming long term and a backup. Upfront - you can never hav too many strikers!!

[quote]Just wondering what you thoughts are on what position the new players we bring in will be, if there is going to be 5 like nigel says: I would Say: Centre midfield = Jarrett Right B...[/quote]

I think worthy said 5 before Svensson left - so is it now 6 or still 5?   Jarrett fills one of the most urgent gapsvery nicely.

I agree that we need a right back (2 if Helveg leaves) and a striker now sven has gone and cover for right midfield is also needed.  I would prefer another central midfielder to cover safris injuries, suspensions, ramadan, cup of nation cimmittments, preferablya creative type like Koumas but with a bit more committment.

RB         Still need - Flem or Holt are not options

CM        Jarrett

CM        Need 1 more

RM        Cover for Jonson - Holt or Hendo are NOT an option here

STR       We cannot rely on Jarvis no matter how much I rate him.

Looking at the rest of the squad I think I could stick at 5 - a centre back would be a nice to have if its the right player at the right place. 

OTBC

RB - Helveg needs cover, possibly nosworthy, or a youngster

CB - Helveg could well cover this position, but i think we need a fresh face in this position.

CM - Jarret

CM  - need another

RM - we have Mcveigh, Jarvis, Jonson and Helveg who can all play here, and with the option of either getting back Bentley on loan or putting someone on the left and pulling huckerby to the right.

I think we need: -

RB - one if Hel stays, obviously two if he goes!

CB - someone to partner Shacks

CB - Doc could be OK, but Flem certainly wont

CM - to offer cover for when Saf is on international duty

CM - to replace Francis if/when he goes

ST - provide reliable cover if/when Ashton/McKenzie become injured/suspended

Nosworthy would have been a great signing but he''s a Sunderland player now. I think:

RB: Helveg to stay, possibly Ryan Taylor, would not be surprised to see this happen.

RM: Commons signing, I think is as likely as it is unlikely so 50-50. Jonson is ok here too.

CM: think if Damo stays there is enough here maybe Lunt but I think less likely than Commons or Taylor

ST: dunno but will be probably be up and coming (unproven) or not at all. 

thoughts??