Sign in to follow this  
unique

Leon Barnett

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]If he is happy to be behind the excellent Bassong and exceptional Turner then he should stay. He is clearly a talented young CB who has definately improved since we signed him and the time at Cardiff would have been a real confidence booster for him. I feel the same about Ayala too, another talented young CB. We are lucky to have such talent in our squad to consider ditching soon after nearly being bankrupt and in Division 1, how things have changed.....I thought that one of the Under 18 CB''s looked excellent too, good times these...OTBC[/quote]

Are you talking about Leon Barnett?

Leon Barnett is a local resident in my Broadland village. He''s a competent player and he drives really nice cars. Thoroughly nice chap when he pops in the Post Office too...

Seriously, Barnett''s a good decent back-up player. I''m more concerned about Ayala...is it me, or did the Spaniard never quite seem ''our player'' anyway?

[quote user="Six Pack"]

My opinion is he is behind Bassong, Turner & Russell Martin for the CB positions. However Barnett is miles better than Ryan Bennett who is League one standard.

If Ryan Bennett cost us 3.5m then in theory for the same amount you''re getting a much better player in Barnett. Bennett was never 3.5m - more closer to 350 k as an option and an option I wouldn''t take.

Realising where he is in the pecking order Barnett would probably join Cardiff.

Personally I''d keep him as a backup and look for a "blindman" to unload R Bennett. 

[/quote]

Blimey!

The same goal-scoring Ryan Bennett who played like Bobby Moore today?

I wasn''t at the game today, Bennett played well so fair play to you Mustard.

For gauging player performance in the premiership I use playing the likes of Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc as the yardstick and not usually the team at the bottom & already relegated.

You seem happy with his performance today so I haven''t a problem - its positive - but we need him to be Bobby Moore week in week out and not just against the lower teams.

Bennett played very well today especially since he was brought on ''cold'' so to speak. Interestingly, our CB''s tend to play better when partnered with Bassong.

Is Barnett likely to be recalled if Turner''s injury keeps him out for the rest of the season ? - especially as it''s ''job done'' at Cardiff......

[quote user="Six Pack"]I wasn''t at the game today, Bennett played well so fair play to you Mustard.

For gauging player performance in the premiership I use playing the likes of Manure, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc as the yardstick
and not usually the team at the bottom & already relegated.

You seem happy with his performance today so I haven''t a problem - its positive - but we need him to be Bobby Moore week in week out and not just against the lower teams.[/quote]That makes more sense if you''re one of those teams.. but we''re not. In all honesty a good run of games against varying opposition is the best way to make a judgement. I expect him to kick on if he keeps his place. Playing next to Bass will improve his confidence and teach him the right things hopefully. He''s 23 and there''s plenty to come from him yet.

I''d keep Barnett - I rate him and think that he compliments what we already have in Bassong, Turner and Bennnett...and R. Martin

Ayala is a more difficult one to call - he looks classy when fit