Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch - Please Fill In The Blanks...

I had to leave after 70 mins - Dr Vinyl was working last night!!!

Mike Dean

Certainly one of the better Refs, stands no truck.

I have very little to say about the guy, it was probably the best reffing performance of the season for me.

His positioning is good, decision making excellant, and, the one thing I love to see he allows plenty of ''play on'' and is not afraid to pull it back if it doesn''t materialise.

There probably are some picky points I could raise, but you hardly noticed the guy yesterday. And that as they say is the sign of a good ref.

Mike Dean 8

My only criticism is that there were a couple of occassions when he allowed play on when he should have gone back and booked they player - I think it worked in our favour once but against us twice yest.    The Kamara shot early in the second half (that lead to the goal scoring corner) came from Holts best pass of the day where he was cynically hit in the calf well after the ball had gone - there has been little attention on it but it was a yellow card offence.

But agree an 8 overall

Very good performance, just the one gripe which came at Snodgrass'' yellow card. He plays on, the ball goes into the box and a Reading player heads over. THEN he brings it back for a free kick and to give Snodgrass a yellow.

If the Reading striker nods it in then he doesn''t bring it back, so surely they had their advantage in that missed chance.

Dean is the best ref around, and has been for a few years. Remember the Colchester away game? He was slaughtered for the letting the game go ahead , but did so and allowed for the conditions.

As a few know, I''m well connected with refs and have to be a bit careful, but Dean is a goodun and more of his type would see less controversy.

Refs Association should admit they need help. Then , and only then, will we see an improvement.

Oh, check this out...

http://www.football-lineups.com/linesman/76/

Yeah one very long advantage for that FK when Snoddy was booked. Whereas one in the first half, he singled play on, Holt gave the ball away within about 2 seconds, and wasn''t pulled back. So a little inconsistency there, but certainly nothing too much to complain about. And certainly nothing that caused any controversy or anything for either set of fans to complain about. A very rare refereeing performance in that respect.

I thought he had a very good game.Barely noticed him, which is how it should be.

No doubt in my mind that it was the best performance by a ref at Carrow Road this season.

Best ref performance all year, showed how Play-on should work , better than the carp the Howard Webb comes up with , It was great to have a game where we arent talking about the officials afterwards

One comment though

"My only criticism is that there were a couple of occassions when he allowed play on when he should have gone back and booked they player"

He did this at least 2 times and possibly a 3rd and i the 2 cases I remember quite sometime after the play had stopped.

The snoddy one I agree but as it was possibly the only time I thought he was wrong ill live with that.

Always strikes me as a decent ref but I guess when you look like Jasper Carrott you have to get it right or get serious abuse.