Sign in to follow this  
pete

Defence over next 4 games

Hope I am being unduly concerned but may still need a couple of points to be safe.

But Nelson going off after 20 mins was a concern hope its not serious. Bassong looked in trouble and has not been as influential lately, gave the ball away a number of times trying to bring out of defence, looks like he could do with a rest.

And with Whittaker missing another concern may need to cover RB as Martin to cover Nelson at CB.

Bennet played well but it was only Reading and would not give him complete trust against Crouch, Benteke, Lukaku and Aguero.

If first choice defence not available for next 4 games may well be difficult to get points from next 4.

Might not need points but would provide comfort if Bassong etc. fit for run in.

[quote user="pete"]Hope I am being unduly concerned but may still need a couple of points to be safe.

But Nelson going off after 20 mins was a concern hope its not serious. Bassong looked in trouble and has not been as influential lately, gave the ball away a number of times trying to bring out of defence, looks like he could do with a rest.

And with Whittaker missing another concern may need to cover RB as Martin to cover Nelson at CB.

Bennet played well but it was only Reading and would not give him complete trust against Crouch, Benteke, Lukaku and Aguero.

If first choice defence not available for next 4 games may well be difficult to get points from next 4.

Might not need points but would provide comfort if Bassong etc. fit for run in.[/quote]  You forgot to mention The Doc, he had a blinder on Saturday......

talkSPORT are suggesting Turner''s injury may be worse than anticipated:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130422/norwich-manager-chris-hughton-fears-michael-turner-will-miss-rest-season-1961?

Ron; what are you doing bringing Turner into this discussion? We''re talking about Nelson, dammit; Nelson!

;-)

I''m worried about the fitness of Huckerby, looked a bit sluggish moving around before the game

Blimey, everyone''s very light-hearted here today.

It''s almost like we''d just won a footie match that guarantees our survival or something ...

Someone get CH to give Malky a bell, I heard his season is finished down at Cardiff. He could still put in a shift