Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Bradley Johnson appreciation thread

For me, he''s second on my POTS list, behind Bassong. He''s been mostly amazing for us in the middle of the park this season, always keeping the play going and getting some lovely tackles in.

I didn''t think he had the best game yesterday, but lets not underestimate him. His job might sound simple but I think it''s far from that, and he does a great job.

Naysayers and detractors...git out of my thread!

He''s my POTS, a modern day Gary Holt.The role he plays attracts no glory, but is massively important.That coupled with the huge improvements he has made to his overall game makes him winner for me.He won''t win though.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Not good enough at setting the team off on attacks.Does the defensive work really well though. He''s helped us out a lot this year.

Has improved a lot. He''s in my top 4 players this year.[/quote]

You said POTS yesterday...

Anyway, anyone who doesn''t love Johnson should just give up watching football, and take up another sport. Perhaps cricket, maybe bowls.

Definitely one of my players of the season. Like Turner, doesn''t get the appreciation he deserves!

Very good player, definitely in my top three. He''s one of those guys where people often miss all the good and concentrate on the bad, but there is a hell of a lot of the former; his partnership with Tettey has been a success story of the season

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Not good enough at setting the team off on attacks.Does the defensive work really well though. He''s helped us out a lot this year.

Anyway, anyone who doesn''t love Johnson should just give up watching football, and take up another sport. Perhaps cricket, maybe bowls.[/quote]There''s a reason we havent scored many goals this year.Personally I put that down to central midfield.How many goals this year have come from wide midfield?! Johnson and Tettey are not good enough going forward.

Sorry. xxx

One of the best moments of the season was the one sublime bit of skill he did show  when he was on the edge of the opponent''s penalty area and he hit the ball with the outside of his boot on the volley and hit the bar (Swansea away? not sure).   Brilliant.   But on the downside his crossing and passing is still too wayward at times. Improved, but still work to be done.  

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Anyone who doesn''t love Johnson should just give up watching football, and take up another sport. Perhaps cricket.

[/quote]GP, if someone can''t understand football, which is a pretty simple game, then they will have no chance of getting to grips with cricket, which is to football as chess is to draughts, or as champagne is to  Coca-Cola.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]For me, he''s second on my POTS list, behind Bassong. He''s been mostly amazing for us in the middle of the park this season, always keeping the play going and getting some lovely tackles in.

I didn''t think he had the best game yesterday, but lets not underestimate him. His job might sound simple but I think it''s far from that, and he does a great job.

Naysayers and detractors...git out of my thread![/quote]He''s 3rd on my list behind Snodgrass and Bassong.  He would be top of the list if he could pass a ball effectively.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Not good enough at setting the team off on attacks.Does the defensive work really well though. He''s helped us out a lot this year.

Anyway, anyone who doesn''t love Johnson should just give up watching football, and take up another sport. Perhaps cricket, maybe bowls.[/quote]There''s a reason we havent scored many goals this year.Personally I put that down to central midfield.How many goals this year have come from wide midfield?! Johnson and Tettey are not good enough going forward.

Sorry. xxx[/quote]

You change your mind every day :P

You said the opposite on Saturday, said its not their job. And it isn''t, nether of them are creative CM players.

He has done great for us this season and deserves to be mentioned in the list of top performers. I don''t think he''s a candidate for POTS though. Bassong is my POTS by a country Mile!

For me POTS has to be Snodgrass. Johnson has improved massively this year and would definitely be up there challenging for it... if his passing wasn''t so frustrating, he has plenty of time to work on it though and he has all the attributes to be a very good defensive midfielder.