Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

Rumours of a home Pre-Season Friendly against the scum

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I can''t see the club/police agreeing to an unnesscary headache it doesn''t need to put itself through........more trouble than its worth[/quote]

Also, I can''t see why Ipswich would want to do it either - they might agree to it at Portman Road due to increased ticket sales, but even then not sure many Ipswich fans would want to come and see the massive gap between the two clubs displayed so clearly.

Cant see it happening, the cost of policing will be high and like others have said Im not sure Norfolk police would be that thrilled at the prospect of this for the sake of a friendly. And also an interesting point that its a risky move for either team, friendlys arnt meant to be high stakes, it could have a real negative effect on the losing teams fans before the season has even begun! Not exactly what Id want if I was a manager!

I think this might emanate from McNasty on twitter. When he was asked about playing the Binners pre season he said “watch this space” which I thought was a bit odd at the time. I agree that it would be a bonkers suggestion, the great unwashed of Ipswich would see this as a real chance to vent their bitterness on us. Oh and remind us that they won the Fairs Cup in 1948 or whenever it was.  

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]I seem to recall us having pre season friendlies back in the late 80''s when we were in different divisions, was it called the Hospital Cup?[/quote]I think it was but that may have been because that''s where half the fans spent the night. [:D]

This isn''t the first time it''s been mentioned with the last few months, and I don''t think McNally as actually denied it - no smoke without fire!

If true then I hope we play our second string side.  Injuring RvW etc. would be the only trophy those scummers could win next season.

A ''Bail out the Binners'' bowl match. Half-time collection of washers, sweets and other worthless items for the Binners to take home with them.

I would rather we didn''t. What''s the point it letting our neighbours kick seven bags of **** out of us for 90 mins. Then also risk any of a players picking up knocks or worse. No thanks!

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]Would the police bill be that much more than a few thousand Celtic fans on the lash? I doubt it.[/quote]

yes?....Celtic fans were here to enjoy themselves and have a good time an mix with the locals and the City..........those filfhy blues b*stards ,would be here for anything but any of that........add to it a warm summers afternoon in July/August with drinks flowing?..its a recipe for disaster.

one point though....are we assuming it would be at Carrow Rd?....usually the Premiership club plays away at the lower league club in pre season friendlies, if that were the case ,I''m not sure I''d want to set foot in that cesspit anymore than I''d ever have to.

We should arrange it, then arrange another friendly on same day.

Send the U18''s to Ipshit, and play a top european team at home. Just to rub salt in the wounds.

If serious answer, really don''t see how a derby as a friendly is a particularly good idea. Whatever the result, it will potentially be too hotly contested for a pre-season match, and I don''t really want to run the risk of RvW and co getting injured.

[quote user="Baracouda"]We should arrange it, then arrange another friendly on same day. Send the U18''s to Ipshit, and play a top european team at home. Just to rub salt in the wounds. If serious answer, really don''t see how a derby as a friendly is a particularly good idea. Whatever the result, it will potentially be too hotly contested for a pre-season match, and I don''t really want to run the risk of RvW and co getting injured.[/quote]

now that I like!!

Ipswich Town vs Norwich City XI  !!

Hopefully, the U18''s win the Cup.

Maybe their reward could be a series of pre-season friendlies....

Wolves, QPR, Leeds, Ipswich.