Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Surplus to requirements

With the release of players like McVeigh and Mulryne, for the first time in ages we don''t seem to have many players who are making up the numbers.  Only one I can think of is Brennan.

Any others?

fleming and holt

brennan can do the busn. for us as he is versatile and creative

Brennan unfortunately suffered from the arrival of Huckerby, it''s a shame as he''s one of the best crossers we have

just because nw didn''t play jb as often as he should have doesn''t make him surplus to requirements. Perhaps if he had done  - in left midfield - then Drury & Charlton would have had had that defensive cover so badly needed and Huckerby could have concentrated on what he does best!

JB didn''t play badly when given the opportunity and should remain a valuable member of the squad (and preferably first XI).

Wait a few more weeks then ask the question. There will be a few players joining our club in this space making the squad larger...

July 1st; Jason Jarrett for starters.

i think we should give Brennan a go. How about stick hux on the right and brennan on the left, that could solve the winger thing but i dont know if hux is as good on the right.

or we could go 3-4-3 considering our defence was useless with 4 people so why not cut it down to three

If we couldn''t defend with four, how is having one less playing there going to help??? I really can''t see how Brennan will fit into the team. I wouldn''t play him over Jonson and he isn''t a good enough central midfielder to play there. I wouldn''t play him over Drury or Charlton. He''s great back up but I think that''s as far as it goes!!!

solved our midfield crisis.

Simply put brennan on the left, and move huckerby to the right. Surely he can play just as well on the right side?

[quote]solved our midfield crisis. Simply put brennan on the left, and move huckerby to the right. Surely he can play just as well on the right side?[/quote]

and then our right-back gets a torrid time instead. No for me it has to me brennan left and jonson right with current resources and push Huckerby into the front line in a 4-4-2 formation.

[quote]and then our right-back gets a torrid time instead. No for me it has to me brennan left and jonson right with current resources and push Huckerby into the front line in a 4-4-2 formation.[/quote]

Well said FTFW - I cant agree more.

OTBC

I''ve seen Brennan three or four times playing for the reserves and he looked disinterested - not quite sure where the versatile player comes from as he has not shown much in the (few) games he has played for the first team. Holt needs to go and unless Jonsson improves considerably he could go as well.

My immediete reaction says Holt and Fleming after last season should be shown the door, but after thinking about it, we have a small squad, and both can do a job as squad players in the Championship. Especially as the futures of Helveg, and Francis aren''t sorted.

Brennan I think can still do well for us, as can Jonson.

Holt and Flem are almost surplus, yet should probably be retained as cover for the long season ahead.  If they start regularly then we have problems....