Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Manure v Villa

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Villa defending so high up the pitch, loads of space in behind. Could be a cricket score if Lambert doesn''t do something.[/quote]Problem.Question is, how smart really is Paul Lambert?3-0 down and never going to win unless the best turn around ever.Now normally what he would do is at half time take a defender off and go 3 at the back and risk shipping more. But, surely he has to consider the teams goal difference. The wise thing to do would be to consider damage limitation is this game. imo.Lets see what hes made of.

They may be 3-0 down but they still look far too good to go down . Wigan for me .

Lamberts excellent defensive managerial strategies coming to plan again. Just as they did last season...

All joking aside, this game is largely irrelevant to Villa, apart from goal difference. They''ve got to play Chelsea still but apart from that they''ve got Sunderland, us, and Wigan on the last day so it''s still very much in their hands. I suppose the ideal scenario would be us beating Stoke and Sunderland beating Villa, which would mean us taking just a point against Villa themselves would mathematically guarantee our safety. What a day that would be.

Villa showing lots of energy but Lambert is playing the wrong game by trying to take it to United. This could end up in goal rush.A couple of Villa injuries would make it a perfect night. Nothing serious just small fracture for Benteke and also perhaps a red card for Delph.Well we can dream can''t we.

[quote user="Herman "]Put Persie in my dream team this morning. Marvellous.[/quote]

He''s been in mine all season, mostly as captain.  [<:o)]

fair point brownstone, but none of those games are as easy as they look for villa.

chelsea obviously... I would love to see another 8-0. but I do expect them to lose.

Sunderland under dicanio is completely not what I expected, and I am very happy we have already played them both times this season, will not be easy for villa. I''d expect sund to win that too.

then it''s just us and Wigan. if they boys aren''t up to putting villa in their place after the league cup debacle, something is wrong.

and with the wigan game the only way to predict what will happen is to know the table. if villa have to win to stay up, I can''t see it happening. young players will snap under the pressure.

That second goal was absolutely sensational football.  A sixty yard pass, and a first time dipping volley from a ball dropping over his shoulder.  Insane.WE should have done that instead of running the ball into the corner against Reading.  Boo!  No Ambition!

That goal reminded me a little of Jackson vs Pompy. Feels like an age ago now, how far we''ve come!