Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 36

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 36 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have another of our long serving PUPs with MethCanary in charge and making the final selections. Meth has been in top form this season often searching the lesser known European leagues to give a different selection for consideration. In fact his selection Viktoria Plzen from the Czech league was part of Norfolkchance1’s winning six 2 weeks ago. I think Meth is the man to produce our first ever hat-trick of wins after Norfolkchance1’s win was followed up by NewYork last weekend. Meth will need all our help to make history so dont forget for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website and played on Saturday/Sunday/Monday.

Last week’s win was the 9th this season taking the season’s winnings nearly £382. With 5 weeks left maybe we can get to at least £400. Here are the details of this season’s wins : -

Win week 4 (Scooby)

Win week 5 (Mandy)

Win week 9 (Mr Bump)

Win week 10 (Kathy)

Win week 12 (Tilly)

Win week 21 (Wazzy)

Win week 28 (Leeds)

Win week 34 (Norfolkchance1)

Win week 35 (NewYorkCanary)

Season''s Total

Now I was at Carrow Road last night to see the U18’s finish the job and get to the FA Youth Cup final. This is a wonderful achievement by our youngsters and something you PUPs should be very proud to have contributed towards. I know the club are in a very healthy financial position now but that wasn’t always the case during these lad’s development. So the £2,000 from us added to FONCY’s magnificent support in the past has definitely made a difference. I thought you may be interested in Paul Standley’s report on the FONCY web site linking this season’s success with the U15’s win in Belgium 3 years ago : -

http://foncy.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165:city-u18s-reach-youth-cup-final-three-years-after-belgium-win&catid=37:academy-news&Itemid=58

So now Ill hand the thread over to MethCanary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs..…Take it away Stephen ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]......

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,so far.

Cheers for that Eddie, as I said to you earlier I will do my utmost(with the help of the PUPs) to make it a hat-trick.

Everyone says it but it is truely an honour to do the final picks. I''d like to start things off with my pick which is

Sparta Prague to win away at Banik in Czech Republic.

Good Luck to all PUPs and keep those picks coming, I''ll do the pick Friday evening.

MC 

Nutty I''ve sent you a PM.

I''ve found, I think, a decent value pick in Japan this week. Only problem is its Saturday morning, 11:00 so if that''s an issue I''ll happily swap. But league leaders who have won all six games played this season, Yokohama F. Including two away from home (scoring eight) visit 14th placed side (out of 18) Albirex Niigata who have lost both their home games so far this season. Bit of a risk, but after six in six I Andy the away side, and at odds of 5/4!

Albirex Niigata vs Yokohama F. - Away win!

Good luck :)

Premiership for me again this week, and I''d very much like to go for Norwich City v Reading HOME win please.

Good luck to all, especially Meth.

An offering from France this week...

Marseille v Brest (stop sniggering there) - Home Win

Marseille are 2nd, unbeaten in 6 and are 9-3-3 20-16 at home. Brest are 2nd bottom, 5 defeats in a row and are 3-2-11 13-30 away.

Best of luck Meth, bring home that hat-trick. And good luck to all you PUPs.

Finally could I echo Nuttys words about the pride we should all feel at the achievements of the U-18''s. I certainly felt it at the Carra last evening.

Away win for PORTO this week in Portugal - with 5 games to go, they need to close the gap on Benfica and are away at 2nd bottom Moreirense who have only 2 home wins all season.Good luck this week Pups!

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]Slovakia for me this weekslovan bratislava vs spartak myjavaslovan bratislava top of the league WDWDDWW spartak myjava 9/12 DDDWWLLbest of luck all[/quote]home win just to clarify

After another personal success I''m with Chops this week, Porto to beat Moreirense

La Liga, Barcelona to beat Levante for me.Good luck brothers and sisters.

The Bundesliga hasn''t been much of a happy hunting ground for me this season but I''ll go with:

BORUSSIA DORTMUND     -v-   Mainz     HOME WIN

Good Luck Meth and all you Lovely PUPs[:)]

Marseille to beat BrestSecond from top v second from bottom.Home v away.Unbeaten in ages v lost the last five.

Championship for a change for me. Bolton are still hunting a play off place at home to Middlesboro who look set to finish mid-table. Bolton''s last 8 homes are W7 D1 L0 F13 A3. Boro''s last 8 aways are W0 D1 L7 F4 A17.

Bolton Wanderers          v          Middlesborough            Home Win

I''m also looking after Trent''s selection which is Bayer Leverkusen v Hoffenheim Home Win.

Good evening to you Nutty,very good luck to you MethCanary and to all you other PUPs out there wherever you are.

Spain for me this week and a HOME WIN please for BARCELONA v Levante.

To the German Regionaliga Nordost division.RB Leipzig to win at home against Torgelower SV.An absurd top versus bottom mismatch, the only worry being that RB Leipzig are uncatchable at the top.Good luck to all!

Good luck MethCanary, I''m going down to League One where I expect:Brentford to beat HartlepoolGood luck MethCanary, all you Pups, AND COME ON NORWICH.

League One this week and Doncaster Rovers'' inexorable march towards the Championship will surely see them brush aside the firmly midtable Notts County.Good luck Methcanary and all PUPs.

Having been fortunate enough to have my Scottish selections included in the last two winning lines, I too am on for a hat-trick if picked this week. [:D]Scottish Second Division where second from bottom East Fife (4-4-8-23-24) entertain second from top Alloa (10-3-3-29-14). East Fife have drawn two and lost eight of their last ten games whilst Alloa have won their last three. (Alloa have also won their last five away games). East Fife v Alloa.......Away win.Good luck Meth. [Y]