Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Darrent Bent

Would you?

Ok wages are probably a bit top heavy but he is a proven goalscorer who is good in the air. An ex scummer but say you could pick him up for about £8m that would make a formidable partnership.

We are debt free (come season end) and if we offload Jackson, Barnett, Ward etc thats probably close to 25k per week saved anyway.

Darrent Bent + Ricky Van Wolfswinkel - that is leaving the dream with Holt as an impact player.

Stopped reading when you called him an ex scummer. Assuming you''re not 18 years old or below, that''s poor. Always found grown men calling Ipswich ''scum'' a bit embarrassing.

Oh and no to Bent by the way.

And old men telling people not to call things as they feel is just a bit more embarassing...

If he is rejected by Lambert due to his ego problems I really don''t see any logic in signing him !!!

Some players are fantastic in their prime, but they find it hard to get that flair back. Just ask Torres, Owen and even to some extent Grant Holt.

No thanks!

8M for one of the strikers with the lowest confidence in the top flight, reaching the twilight of his career, NO thanks. Any source for this rumour too?

Also, I find it incredible that you manage to spell Wolfswinkel correctly, but struggle with ''Darren''!

''And leaving the dream''... LOL. At least make an effort if you are going to post, please?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@ nu_matik - It''s ''call things as they ARE'', not ''is''. Cheers.[/quote]

If you actually read my reply it says ''''Call things as they feel'''' is just a little bit more embarassing...

I stand by the fact you''re just a moaning old fart.

If he was coming in on humble wages and a humble transfer fee, then I think he would work for sure. He''s a natural goal scorer, which is a hard thing to find.However, he isn''t going to come on humble wages or transfer fee. So, I think he can go and be overpriced somewhere else.I wonder if he will get a move to another Premiership club or if he might need to go abroad. MLS perhaps.

I think at 8M we should think very hard about it. I rate him, be we know nothing of his ''attitude problem'' how bad it is or if it''s just a personal problem with Lambert. His talent and goal scoring record speaks for itself

Another (and maybe better) shout if looking at teams who have ''excess'' strikers or ones who may want away is Le Fondre. I know he didn''t play on saturday but I am sure someone said they thought it would be crying out for him, or their Reading friend said something. Plus his interview today means may want out?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22247839

@nu_matik

You can''t call it ''fact'' because we''ve never met, so what you should have written was ''I speculate that you are just a moaning old fart'' or ''in my opinion you are just a moaning old fart''. That would''ve been fine.

Calling it fact is perhaps you not having a great understanding of the word fact. Cheers.

I suspect Row D Seat 6 doesn''t come on here as they died of boredom sitting next to you rattling on.

Who cares if he''s ex scum, if he came here and did well I''m sure you lot wouldn''t complain.

I recall Alan Lee (an ex scummer) coming here in loan, and the majority wanted us to sign him permantley

[quote user="Herman "]No thanks. Ex-scum and no good. Two good reasons.[/quote]

If you thought Morison was lazy, (and he wasn''t), just wait until you''ve got this character on your side.

The more i think about it, the more i''m in the no camp, but on his day, he''s one of the most potent strikers in the league, and has he actually done that bad when he''s played? He''s hardly past his prime too.

I read somewhere that he averages just 23 touches a start. Similar to when we had Earnshaw here and the way Hughton plays, you need hard working strikers, so i don''t see how he''d fit into our plans.

Jimmy Smith wrote;

"The more i think about it, the more i''m in the no camp, but on his day, he''s one of the most potent strikers in the league, and has he actually done that bad when he''s played? He''s hardly past his prime too"

How on earth does this make sense? You say you''re in the no camp but then go on to say he''s one of the most potent strikers in the league...

I''d love him here, of course wages and transfer fee would be a very big stumbling block

He cost £20m, I think, when he was signed. His club would hope to recover much of that. I can''t see him coming for less than £10m, and while he is good we have other positions in the side which need strengthening.

Wouldn''t take him at 5m let alone 10!

He used to be a natural goalscorer, nowadays he spurns many many more than he scores, and not for a lack of them. Best years well and truly behind him imo.