Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Scott Sinclair?

We''ve talked about how the squad needs another winger an injection of pace, so what about Scott Sinclair? Hasn''t been in Manchester City''s plans this season and they''ll probably look to sell/loan him in the summer. Worth a punt?

I just do not want any of these big-timers with massive wage demands at Carrow Road just yet, or ever.

Let''s keep things in perspective. One of the most important  considerations when stopping the whole cabudle going ape-shit like Portsmaouth and others is to maintain the structure of our wages bill. This IS the crippler if handled badly.

I have no doubt that the wages we pay out rises in commensuration with our status and nothing more, and this policy seems to be working fine. 

Why blow it all by bringing players like Sinclair on board?  They hardly seem to guarantee value for money after all.

Sinclair wouldn''t be coming in on his Man.C wage.

He won''t be getting that anywhere else. If he moves, it''ll be back on a much more sensible wage. You simply cannot blame Sinclair for however much Man.C offered him. Its all very well talking about loyalty and stuff like that, and players just in it for the money, well why shouldn''t they be? Its fantastic when you get a loyal player who will accept pay cuts and stay for as long as possible. But they are rare. And after all its their carer.

Sinclair, may force a move because he wants to play football. And will be willing to take a pay cut. Or Man.C may force him out because they don''t actually want him, and he''ll have to take a pay cut to leave. Or he''ll just stay there, maybe go out on loan, but Man.C will have to pay at least a % of that to convince someone to take him.

If we could sign Sinclair, on a reasonable wage for our budget, then that would be great. He hasn''t lost all his pace and ability. He''s still young. He just got the move all wrong, because despite Man.C really only having 3 other wingers (Silva, Nasri and Milner) he still doesn''t get games.

I actually mentioned Sinclair in our post-match pub debrief on Saturday.

The three of us that were left at that point all thought he could be a decent loan signing, clearly not going to get a look in where he is and has undoubted talent.

Don''t think a loan would break the bank.

When I pointed out a few months ago that both Sinclair and Jack Rodwell had sacrificed their England careers and their long time footballing careers by signing for a massive wage, for a club where they were always going to struggle to get a game, many people disagreed with me.

Both have now had non-seasons and are a long way away from international honours and both could do with a move to a club that would play them on a regular basis.

It would be worth their while, in the long term, to sign for us at a much lower wage than they are presently on.

Their long term futures would be at stake!

Rodwell has been injured. He featured a lot when fit. And Mancini sounded quite annoyed/upset when he got another long termish injury after he recovered from his original one.