Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Playing for time in the corner

You have to hand it to Holt for taking one for the team and feeding himself up over the past 3 or so months to make this tactic work.

Holt is so fat that the Reading players were completely knackered continually trying to run round Holt''s huge girth in the closing minutes.

Gun-ho football rarely works and very rarely works in the Premiership. Do any of the critics remember this game? -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4279675.stm

All teams try and run the clock down one way or the other, some teams who have more quality do it by knocking the ball around the defence, I remember Arsenal doing that to us at Carrow last year to great effect. I will also remind you to the Blackburn Vs United game a couple of seasons ago at Ewood, I think the score was 1-1 and from literally the 80th minute onwards United were just playing it around their defence and midfield and Blackburn were sitting in their own half not even bothering to go for a tackle as the 1-1 score won United the league and kept Blackburn out of the relegation battle, Blackburn literally didn''t touch the ball or go for the ball for about 13 minutes. Negative tactics by Man United? (As well as them playing one up top all season......) It was a cracking piece of play by Kamara and Holt and one they should be commended for, certainly made injury time a lot more comfortable for the fans, not sure my heart could have taken it if Reading bombed up the field looking to equalise. Also the Stoke game was a completely different scenario, they had pulled everybody forward, Reading hadn''t

I have the feeling that many here did not read the OP properly. Anyway, the fact that we had to revert to time wasting antics against Reading had a slight element of disappointment for me too, but mostly because we could have killed the game off easily with a little more focus in the first twenty minutes of the second half, when Reading were on the floor. Of course, at 2-1, in injury time, time wasting was the right thing to do, and I must admit, we did it in a highly entertaining manner. (Btw. does anyone know a place on the net where I can see it again? Sadly, it hasn''t been included in MOTD...