Sign in to follow this  
Fleckspint

Lee Camp would consider contract extension at Norwich

Lee Camp would consider contract extension at Norwich

Norwich City goalkeeper Lee Camp

Goalkeeper

Lee Camp has admitted he would consider an extension at Norwich -

despite starting just one game since arriving in January.

The 28-year-old was signed during the transfer window as cover for the injured John Ruddy, who tore a thigh muscle in November.

Camp has since been kept out of the team by Mark Bunn - and has made

just three appearances - while his chances will be further restricted

now Ruddy is back in full training.

The Northern Ireland international''s six-month deal expires in June, and he is able to leave on a free.

But when asked whether he''d like to stay, Camp said: "It''s something I''d be stupid not to look at.

"If circumstances are right and it ticked all the boxes it''s something I''d look at.

"I''ll make no bones about it - I like playing. I''m probably not the world''s best sub keeper - I like to be No.1.

"But I understand my position when I came here and I''m aware of what my role is in the squad.

"When the summer comes we''ll cross those bridges if we need to."

As long as his i''m not the best sub keeper - i like being No.1... is kept to a professional level and is challenging Ruddy/Bunn. I would keep him, just for the fact it allows Rudd and Steer season long loans.

Would make perfect sense. A top fight team, should and could have 3 senior keepers. Let the lads go out on loan and work towards their future. Camp may change his mind when Ruddy is totally match fit. However, if he is happy to push the other two senior keepers, then it must be a good thing.

Of course, another outcome might be that Mark Bunn wants to stay first choice and would prefer to move. We would make a profit on his fee.

I would rather he stayed but would not begrudge him the chance to be a good keeper elsewhere. In that case, Camp becomes a satisfactory back up and one of the kids can go on loan.

No, not for me. It sends the wrong message to the others. I would probably like to see Declan on loan to a top half championship side and keep Jed at home to learn from Ruddy/Bunn. Surely we can''t be as unlucky with goalkeeping injuries next season???But we have the England goalkeeping coach on the books, so I trust messers Watson and Hughton to make the right decision.

Mister Chops has admitted he would consider having sex with Cameron Diaz - despite being totally out of her league in every respect.The 38 year old has been kept out of Ms Diaz''s life by money, physical attractiveness, and by living 10,000 miles away in an obscure nook of the United Kingdom.But when asked whether he''d like to have sex with Cameron Diaz, Chops replied "it''s something I''d be stupid not to look at.

"If circumstances are right and it ticked all the boxes it''s something I''d look at."

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Mister Chops has admitted he would consider having sex with Cameron Diaz - despite being totally out of her league in every respect.The 38 year old has been kept out of Ms Diaz''s life by money, physical attractiveness, and by living 10,000 miles away in an obscure nook of the United Kingdom.But when asked whether he''d like to have sex with Cameron Diaz, Chops replied "it''s something I''d be stupid not to look at.

"If circumstances are right and it ticked all the boxes it''s something I''d look at."

[/quote]
Ha!Yes [Y]

I would be doubtful about signing him. He was released from his last club, and has m,ade at least one serious error in the few games he has played for us.

There is the advantage that there would be no transfer fee involved, but against this is the fact there is none for Rudd either. He will be back having had a good season on loan apparently, and more experienced. He would seem a better bet than Camp.

Chick''s back.

Camp was brought in as an emergency measure for a situation which is now resolved.

Didn''t matter much in the end as we got nil points from his two appearances, but might have done. 

Lambert was happy to rely upon Ruddy and the youngsters, perhaps unwisely. Time really to advance either Rudd or Steer with another season now under their belts.

Thinking about the wages bill too.

Has this an impact upon squad places as well?

Chick

Fair point Chick,Personally would like to see Camp say maybe for another season or so, send Rudd back out on loan maybe even Steer those two have years ahead of them and once a year older and wiser they may then push Bunn or even Ruddy who knows....

[quote user="chick chickenson"]

Chick''s back.

Camp was brought in as an emergency measure for a situation which is now resolved.

Didn''t matter much in the end as we got nil points from his two appearances, but might have done. 

Lambert was happy to rely upon Ruddy and the youngsters, perhaps unwisely. Time really to advance either Rudd or Steer with another season now under their belts.

Thinking about the wages bill too.

Has this an impact upon squad places as well?

Chick

[/quote]

I thought we got a point at Sunderland?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Mister Chops has admitted he would consider having sex with Cameron Diaz - despite being totally out of her league in every respect.

The 38 year old has been kept out of Ms Diaz''s life by money, physical attractiveness, and by living 10,000 miles away in an obscure nook of the United Kingdom.

But when asked whether he''d like to have sex with Cameron Diaz, Chops replied "it''s something I''d be stupid not to look at.

[/quote]

lol join the queue

It''s money for old rope. Not fair on Rudd or Steer though. What does that say to them if he stays?