Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

V READING - WIN OR DIE!

I''m sure the atmosphere will be great from Norwich ( hopefully ) but from reading, not so much.

I don''t think a draw against liverpool will bring them hope.

I do think our boys will be fired up for a win, after the injustice they endured saturday.

If we the worst we''re to happen and we failed to beat Reading it certainly wouldn''t be the end of our season. There would still be 2 opportunities at home to get points as well as the Stoke game. However I concede our confidence would in all probability be absolute shot to pieces if this run became 1 win in 17 including failure to beat a side with 1 point from their last 24 possible.

agreed, it won''t be the end of the world if we don''t beat reading.

it would just be very nice to get those 3 points now instead of later to distance ourselves.

beat reading, and if the other results go our way, we are all but safe, and people can throw their boxers into the dryer.

if not, we will get the points elsewhere.

I think even more like the Leicester game - playing a team who already (or as near as damn it) relegated who win and take us down with them. Seem to remember Leicester had some ginger berk who scored. Have Posh Waitrose London Irish FC got ang gingers?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]we have to roar the lads to success on Saturday.[/quote]I very much admire your attempts to whip up the atmosphere for Saturday Tangy so what about seeing if you can get hold of a big drum? Really get the crown in the jarrold rocking [:D]Altogether now........[8]So we sailed up to the sun

Till we found the sea of green

And we lived beneath the waves

In our yellow submarine[8]

[8]We all live in a yellow submarine

Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

We all live in a yellow submarine

Yellow submarine, yellow submarine[8]

I believe we can do it against Reading. Ok they held Liverpool to a 0-0 draw but they were at home and Liverpool aren''t as strong as they were a decade ago (outside the top 4). We lost 3-1 at Arsenal by conceding 3 goals in the last 10 minutes but that was due to injustice. Despite losing we did play well though considering that we were winning until the 85th minute away to a team that has only slightly dropped in form over the last decade (still do well in the league but inability to win trophies). Only Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea have won at Carrow Road this season and Reading have the worst away record of the Premiership

Agree with Cambridge Yellow. Of course beating Reading would make life a lot less stressful, but that if the worse came to the worse we lost or drew, we do still have further chances coming up.

Even the worst case scenario that we lose to both Reading AND Stoke, would leave us still with 2 back to back home games against Villa and WBA to get 4 or ideally 6 points.

Admittedly our confidence if we got to that point would no doubt be lower than a snakes belly, but still a redeemable situation, albeit one that would see us in last chance saloon situation, or allowing still for defeat at Man City at least!

Biggest game of the year.

Reading without question are the worst team in the league.

The problem we have is that their superb goalie held Liverpool to a 0-0, despite many shots on their goal.

Unlike Liverpool, we are creating few shots on goal, but our defence is good.

I fear this has got 0-0 written all over it.

I just hope we are lifted by the good performance at Arsenal, which may encourage an attacking mentality and another 2 striker formation.

We NEED 3 points. No pressure.

This game is a true six pointer.

I know that mathematically Reading could still survive but this would just about finish them off.

I seem to recall one of the first posts I made here was a passionate (& rather strange) exhortation to the team before the Fulham debacle. Something about red mists & forcing the ball in the back of the net or somesuch. I can''t really remember.

Anyway, I sincerely believe our present team spirit is vastly better than it was then (remember Francis?). In fact the overall strength of the squad is greater; we had Hucks & Ashton, but there were some seriously mediocre players in key positions.

The team spirit is the best legacy Lambert left us - & it is still there, despite what some of you might like to think. It''s the really crucial difference between now & then, & we''ll survive because of it.

Match officials notwithstanding. GGGRRRRRR!!

It''s a bit like the Bolton match at home last season which we won 2-0.  It wasn''t a great performance by us and Bolton were ok, I''d take the same and 2-0 against Reading[Y]