Sign in to follow this  
pete

Barnett against Villa

LB has been recalled maybe to cover for Michael Turner, it is suggested to deal with high balls hoisted in by Stoke. But due to LB being unable to deal with a high ball against Villa Lb headed straight to Weimann who equalised Moro''s opener within a minute. And we went on to get a stuffing.

LB''s prowess in the air has to be questioned. Michael Turner get well soon. Points are still needed to be sure even though some on here are planning for next season.

Relying on LB is likely to be dangerous ploy.

Fair comment about the Villa game as that was the case, but I would consider him in the many other games he has played in to be very good in the air, in fact probably second best in the squad to Bassong.

High balls or low balls, Barnett has had a good period with Cardiff, and make get a promotion/cham[pionship medal with them.

He was genrally good with his head for us, and is quick for a big man. His failures with us were largely because of loss of concentration and rushing in. I always had a nervous "heart in mouth" when the ball went near him. Most of the while he was O.K., but there were the moments.....

I would imagine he''s here as back up. He''s OK for back up, but you''re right, wouldn''t want to rely on him

I suspect that with Bassong appearing to also be carrying an injury this is mainly a precautionary tactic,  I expect him to be on the bench with Bassong partnering Bennett who will show us his fighting spirit...