Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

Who would you like to see us sell / sign next season??

Is this me being to greedy?? To bring in in the summer Curtis Davies of Birmingham, Martin Olsson of Blackburn, Javier Garrido of Lazio, Lucas Biglia of Anderlecht, Tom Ince of Blackpool, Ibrahima Toure of Monaco, Gary Hooper of Celtic and RVW of Sporting.

Even though we do have to release / sell a lot of the surpless to requirement players like Tierney, Barnett, Ward, fox, Jackson, Chrissy Martin and I probably wouldn''t sign Kamara for the reported £1-2.5m fee IF we did sign 3 other strikers including RVW and keep Holt and Becchio. That''s 7 new players so that would take time for the players to gel and settle down.

Looking back now it does seem quite a lot but there is room for improvement and I would love to see those players here. There is no possibility of us becoming a QPR with this as they wouldn''t be on massive wages and they would be committed to the club and our progression.

Also it would cost roughly between £30m and £35m to purchase them players but that is with the £8.5m deal for RVW.

Now that there is more money being injected into the prem how much can we be looking to spend in the summer... Somewhere around £25m excluding the payment for RVW??

Ins

Sinclair

Garrido

Rodwell (loan)

Kone

Vydra

Kamara

Townsend

Lansbury

Ogbonna

Out

Martin

Tierney

Fox

Jackson

Rudd or Steer - loan

Camp

Ward

Ayala

Barnett

I like Townsend and Sinclair too but I''m not so sure we could lure Sinclair to CR as a bigger club would probably come in for him if he''s made available. Townsend has really played well in a poor QPR team this season and would be a good signing. Rodwell is a non starter for sure as his wage demands would be too high and he will play more regularly for man city next season. Kone is a real handful and he knows where the back of the net is. I would be happy if we signed him but for no more than around £3m or £4m. If we got rid of Camp we would need to bring in another back up so we can let Steer and Rudd out on loan for another season.

Phil Neville would be a good signing for us if Hughton wants the same shape. When you play the bottom club in the league at home and have 10% less possession than them you need to improve your midfield. Our two defensive midfield players give the ball away too much, Neville would cure that.

We should consider Kyle Naughton too, but probably won''t. I can see a Holt / Hooper switch coming, but that isn''t what I would like to happen.

I''d like it if Stoke went down and we signed Ryan Shawcross too, Kone is a good shout but it really depends on formation and Holt.

No chance in tom ince me thinks. he will go for the same amount we spent on RVW and is no where near as tested for my liking.

would much prefer we kept Kamara and got rid of holt right now,

I don''t know where the Ibrahima rumour started months ago, but reasonably sure mcnally has said there has never been anything in it.

and if Celtic want anything more than 3m for Hooper, I''d much rather we wait the year for him to be released. can''t really see any club going in for him atm.

Europe, don''t want to sound to harsh, but what world are you living in?

Neville possibly, but he''s 36, probably wants to stay up north (and if he did move to us, can''t imagine he''d relocate family etc, so wouldn''t be 100% settled.) and odds are he''ll only be fit enough to be a bit part player. Unless we sign him and another CM, getting rid of Fox, Surman and probably Korey seems a bit pointless.

Kyle Nuaghton has been getting plenty of game time at Spurs. We won''t have the only to spend on a FB to match Spurs valuation. And rumours their LB wants to leave means they definitely won''t sell as they''d have to replace too many FBs.

Holt/Hooper is slightly realistic, but only if we give Celtic a fair bit of cash as well. They over value Hooper, and he didn''t push for a move in Jan, so why would he now? (Ok there are reasons, but still...)

Shawcross? Didn''t he sign a five year contract to ward off interest from top six clubs last summer? Plus Stoke aren''t going down. Plus he''d cost a fair few million. Plus there would be half the PL linking up to sign him on the very slim chance Stoke do go down.

Kone maybe. But can see Wigan not losing many players. They seem to have done well getting I players who want to be at Wigan. They have no money problems. Kane might want to stay in the PL and would be worth a shot.

And Hazza, don''t really think a bigger club would be after Sinclair, after a year of doing nothing. Slim chance of say Everton, maybe Newcastle wanting him.

From beginning to end this whole thread is head in the clouds nonsense. Kids in a sweet shop.

We have likely scraped in again, bloody marvellous. We stand to get a lot of money, even more bloody marvellous.

I just hope that McNally and Co. dont get carried away like many in this daft thread. Just like lottery winners, spend, spend, spend.

NCFC is a viable business in a precarious environment. Keep it that way.

Having read this load of shite I now appreciate more the thinking behind the actual business minds at Carrow Road.

I would definitely not want Phil Neville, still can''t get England v Romania out of my head with him!! I think we can put Naughton in the same boat as Bertrand now, went back to his parent club and getting games so no chance of re signing him. No chance of shawcross as GP said just signed new deal and there staying up. I really do think it will be a massive call to sell Holt, he is just brilliant to have around at the club on and off the pitch. If Hooper is to come in it should be just cash not cash plus Holt. GP your right thinking about it, I would say Villa, Swansea and maybe Everton would be interested in him. But Swansea would be able to offer him the chance to play in Europe.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

From beginning to end this whole thread is head in the clouds nonsense. Kids in a sweet shop.

We have likely scraped in again, bloody marvellous. We stand to get a lot of money, even more bloody marvellous.

I just hope that McNally and Co. dont get carried away like many in this daft thread. Just like lottery winners, spend, spend, spend.

NCFC is a viable business in a precarious environment. Keep it that way.

Having read this load of shite I now appreciate more the thinking behind the actual business minds at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Jeez lighten up. Its when the Messi''s and Ronaldo''s come up when the actual pi$$ take starts. I haven''t seen 1 player on that list who is unrealistic.

I, along wiv 95% of City fans out there never thought about RVW or even Huckerby signing for us. But we got them. Sometimes this ''small'' club suprises you. Apologies in advance for living in this fantasy world.

BroadstairsR what are you trying to say, you don''t want us to spend the money we receive for being in the prem for another season or you don''t like the fact that other people are discussing who they would like their team to sign??

It''s all well having these long wish lists my friends but then you refute your own argument by quoting individual success stories.

Of course we should use our newly found strength in the transfer market to buy better, but to get carried away could lead to ruin, and well you should know it.

I see your various aspirations as admirable, but unrealistic.

I want my Club to tread cautiously towards the future, 

Ins; KK, Jordi Gomez, Jordan Rhodes, Andros Townsend, Nathan Redmond and one or two surprises...

Incidentally Hackedoff  I am totally addicted to your optimism and long may you nurture it.

You also made a valid point below:

"I, along wiv 95% of City fans out there never thought about RVW or even Huckerby signing for us. But we got them. Sometimes this ''small'' club suprises you. Apologies in advance for living in this fantasy world."

Did you conduct a survey to come up with 95%? 

I am being petty, I love your approach. 

Completely dreamworld thinking... Adem Ljajić

Would love to know the availability of Lukaku and Romeu but admittedly both probably fanciful, but not beyond the realms of possibility I guess.

Very rest of the list is probably very unorginal, but have thrown in Chris Eagles, Coates, and Livermore

Left Backs

Garrido and Olsson

Centre Backs

Curtis Davies,

Dragovic,

Coates << available?

Central-Midfielders

Would love Biglia,

would take a

Livermore/Huddlestone/Bridcutt

Wingers.

Townsend

Redmond

Eagles

AM.

Ginkel and Will Hughes.

Forwards:

Kone

Adam Le Fondre << Impact player from the bench

Sorry to be a miserable old git but isn''t it true to say that, although we will be richer next year because of increased TV revenue, so will all the other Prem clubs. Therefore although we will be financially stronger next year, we will be in exactly the same situation regarding our ability to compete with our rivals for signatures. All of which makes the early signing of RVW even more of a master stroke....

Exactly dpit.

Any fool can come up with fanciful lists of superstars willing to tread the hallowed turf.

Fortunately, the power that be at our Club have their feet on the ground and their heads in their heads rather than in the clouds.

In want what we have already been given ..... surprises!

Alex Tettey - how many thought we would get him/had heard of him?

Kai Kamara - playing in the MLS - a complete surprise

RvW - another great surprise and a very exciting one.

It seems we now have a good scouting system in place as I can''t remember a player that Hughton has signed that has been a failure, unlike a few others in the previous two seasons, the one exception being Becchio who is yet unproven but I feel that was as much as getting Morisson out of the door as getting Becchio in.

Just out of interest, would anyone be tempted with Taarabt? Would give us a serious attacking threat and provide great link-up between our blanket defence and lone striker. But is he worth all the aggro?

A lot of Bolton''s recent form in the Championship has been down to a fit again Chung-Yong Lee - I''d happily see him move to Norwich if he becomes available. I know he promised Bolton he wouldn''t leave this season as they stuck by him through his injury, but if they miss out on promotion I''m sure he''ll want a move.

Another excellent South Korean player is Koo Ja-Cheol from Wolfsburg and currently on loan at Ausburg, scored quite a few goals from midfield and like most Korean players has a great work ethic. Not sure if he has a future or not at Wolfsburg though.

Whilst Hughton is in charge we will never sign someone like adel and a good job to. Would much prefer Hoolahan!!

Taarabt is a class above Hoolahan, and is around 7 years younger.

Yes I agree he seems quite hard to manage and have a huge ego, but I think some one like CH can turn that around and use his ego as an advantage...

No question on his day tarabt, is up there with the best and champions league quality, when he''s not at the races because of his poor attitude and work rate (although improving) he might aswell be a sunday pub player.