Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Ruddy or Bunn v Stoke?

With Stoke''s aerial bombardment is there a case for bringing Ruddy back because of his height, size and dominance in the penalty area?

I think it should be seriously considered. I''m not saying Bunn has played badly, far from it, but he may get flattened, so Ruddy''s extra strength would be useful.

Ruddy as he will have nothing to do!

This has 0-0 written all over it, both teams will be very happy with an extra point and I can''t see either team coming past the halfway line let alone threaten the goal!

Here is hoping that is true...For me, Ruddy as he could command the area better, but Bunn has done little wrong of late (maybe the reading goal a little weak?)

So the choice with only 4 very important games left is between an in-form goalkeeper and one that has been out a while with a fairly serious injury and is going to be rusty.

It''s a no brainier surely? I really don''t understand fan''s logic sometimes.

Personally I feel Bunn has done enough to keep the position for the remainder of the season. Let Ruddy have a rest, a good pre-season under his belt and then back to number one next season

Definitely Ruddy for his strength and hight. But Bunn hasn''t done anything wrong recently though in my opinion.

"Ruddy deserves a shot after Bunn was partially at fault for the goal on Saturday IMO"

Partly to blame? Did you see how much that ball moved in the air?! Any keeper would if struggled with that, tbh Bunn done well to get some sort of touch on it

Mark Bunn for me,he is fighting for the cause & nobody can question his commitment, I was in the North Bank at Arsenal ( unfortunately) but you could see the passion he has in him, he was so angry when the pen was given,punching the ground when it went in & wound the Arsenal fans up at every opportunity which was so much fun for the three of us Norwich fans to see.

Stoke haven''t been scoring loads either & it sounds like some people are scared of them already.I would maybe try Ruddy for Man City but let Bunn keep the position he has looked so good in for the other games, it''s the least he deserves.

ruddy for me bunn has done okay but we need the big man back he is playing well in the u21 team as he gets fitter would also give the fans a lift plus get valuable game time before our last 3 home games when he must play

Ruddy with Bunn on the bench. I was expecting Ruddy back last Saturday but I guessed he probably still wasn''t 100% fit. Ruddy also has more experience playing with us

[quote user="SYG"]"Ruddy deserves a shot after Bunn was partially at fault for the goal on Saturday IMO" Partly to blame? Did you see how much that ball moved in the air?! Any keeper would if struggled with that, tbh Bunn done well to get some sort of touch on it[/quote]

That''s exactly why I put ''IMO''.  IMO Ruddy would have saved that shot.

I don''t get the argument that Bunn has showed passion and commitment - surely any player should and does otherwise they get called out? (See Morison).

As a number 2 he''s been given a rare extended period to show his worth and has done so, next season he will either go to another club as number one or slot in behind ruddy once more.

Ruddy may be rusty, but he has been back in training and played a couple of games for the U21s. A keeper of his ability can win us points single-handedly on a regular basis, this and the confidence he''d give the crowd and players on his return outweighs any sentimentality to Bunn for me.

If Ruddy''s fit enough, then Ruddy. If he''s not, then Bunn. If Bunn isn''t fit then Camp. If Camp isn''t fit then whichever keeper isn''t out on loan.

Definitely Bunn. Show some loyalty to the lad. Plus, we don''t want Arsenal or any other club for that matter remembering how good Ruddy is for the summer transfer window!

[quote user="Gnasher"]I don''t get the argument that Bunn has showed passion and commitment - surely any player should and does otherwise they get called out? (See Morison).

As a number 2 he''s been given a rare extended period to show his worth and has done so, next season he will either go to another club as number one or slot in behind ruddy once more.

Ruddy may be rusty, but he has been back in training and played a couple of games for the U21s. A keeper of his ability can win us points single-handedly on a regular basis, this and the confidence he''d give the crowd and players on his return outweighs any sentimentality to Bunn for me.[/quote]I think the point people are trying to make is that he''s not just passionate but Passionate with a capital Pee. Like it really, genuinely means something to him

We are safe now, no need to rush Ruddy back.. bench him for the rest of the season and start him afresh for the friendlies.

When I saw Bunn give away his gloves and shirt at the end of the Reading game, I did wonder if he knew he had played his last game for us. Ruddy for me

The very fact this debate is happening is proof of how well Bunn has done. I was pretty worried when Ruddy first got injured.but if Ruddy has looked sharp in the under 21 games then I''d play him. He is our No.1