Sign in to follow this  
Luxembourgcanary

Let's get some Reading FC players?

Maloney is playing well at the moment...could compete with hoolahan.Le Fondre is definitely worth a look.....cheaper version of J.Rodriguez.Honestly though we need to massively improve the central midfield....nobody from any relegated club fits that bill.For a bit of cheap competition for Pilks id go for McAnuff, but presumably our scouts have set their sights a little higher....

I think every single time Jimmy Kebe has played against us, he''s torn into us.Personally I also think Maloney is one of the most under-rated players in the Premiership. If he were Brazilian or Dutch they''d be raving about him

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I think every single time Jimmy Kebe has played against us, he''s torn into us.

Personally I also think Maloney is one of the most under-rated players in the Premiership. If he were Brazilian or Dutch they''d be raving about him
[/quote]

It''s about time that got repeated. We haven''t heard it for a while.

[quote user="Roo El 7"]There is a reason why Reading are relegating.... .[/quote]so were Wolves last season.... now, remind me again where Bassong came from....

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I think every single time Jimmy Kebe has played against us, he''s torn into us.Personally I also think Maloney is one of the most under-rated players in the Premiership. If he were Brazilian or Dutch they''d be raving about him[/quote]

It''s about time that got repeated. We haven''t heard it for a while.

[/quote]?[^o)]?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Roo El 7"]There is a reason why Reading are relegating.... .[/quote]

so were Wolves last season.... now, remind me again where Bassong came from....
[/quote]

Spurs

[quote user="6088m canary"]
Le Fondre is definitely worth a look.....cheaper version of J.Rodriguez.
[/quote]

Is he definitely worth a look?

Not sure about the Rodriguez comparison unless the comparison is no more than them both being English and both being forwards.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Webbo118"]Played 9 games only[/quote]

As fun as this game of 20 questions is, what does this have to do with Kebe?
[/quote]

Absolutely nothing

Townsend has looked good at QPR, fast direct and good final ball. Apart from that, I think the few that are good enough are going to be out of our price range and wage structure; Remy or if villa go down Benteke being the clear example. The rest arnt what we will be looking for as we arnt just looking for a Premier league started kit, but instead we need to no start to upgrade. Europe for better options I think.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]GJP, yes he is worth a look 12 goals in a season in a very very poor team and wouldn''t cost more than 2-4m[/quote]

He is worth a look if only to realise we can sign better.

He''s a decent little player and he''s got 10 Premier League goals this season but does he look good enough to ever score many more than that at this level? Not really.

It''s £2-4m that can be better spent elsewhere. It''d be a sideways move at best for us.

We don''t have a wage structure.

Also, did someone really suggest that Danny Guthrie is better than what we currently have? At least try and hide your trolling!

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Most of those goals have come from coming on as a sub. He and KK have the ability games for us next season off the bench.[/quote]

Ok, forgetting that I don''t see him as being good enough to help take us forward, do you think he would want to come here on the basis that he''ll be on the bench unless we''re desperate for a goal?

The guy might want to go somewhere he is going to be starting every week. We are not that club.

And how much of a good idea is it to spend millions on players that are coming in to play off the bench/aren''t really good enough to start games for you?

Too simplistic just to look at Le Fondre''s goals this season. He is an impact player and all his best work comes from the bench. He is not a 90 player at this level and indeed wasn''t in the Championship. We need to be looking at better next season frankly.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]people say we need to look forward and move on, and yet spending a few million on a sub player isn''t feasible? our fans confuse me sometimes.[/quote]

Surely you move on by spending money on players that are good enough to be starting games and improve your first team.

Maybe if you''re Man Utd or someone like that you can afford the luxury of chucking money at players who can warm your bench most weeks but I don''t think Norwich City are in the position where they can afford to spend a few million on a player who is no better than anyone they''ve got at the moment and likely to be weaker than the players they are looking to bring in.