Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

I want to keep

I agree that mid-field should now be the priority. I would keep GH, KK and perhaps LB, but like Lavanche says, we need a goal-scoring AM who can link with RvW and attack as well. Wes can do this, but we need competition from another who is more of a goal threat. After that we need a quality DM who can pass effectively, Garrido on a perm and another LB to replace Tierney as well a another quality CB to achieve a PL 25 man squad. Then the tactics will change.

Wes falls between two stools for me, being neither assertive and clinical enough in front of goal and setting up others, nor having the pace and physicality to contribute to dominating midfield. Tettey and BJ are very defensive and that leaves only Howson and the out of favour Fox or maybe Surman. Getting the midfield mix right is absolutely the first priority and that will unlock the chances we need to win games which with our current spread of striking options we should be able to do. Sitting back meekly again next season playing like nervous minnows and conceding the midfield battle is not an option.