Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Who tickles your fancy!!

Ronnie Stam maybe, if he''s the player I think he is and he can play in various positions. Good to have a versatile player.

Di Santo may be worth a punt, if his wage isn''t too high. Not a prolific goal scorer, but dangerous player. If his style would work alongside RVW would be a good signing.

Brunt is decent, but can''t see why WBA haven''t offered him a contract, and if its because he doesn''t want one, he probably has higher ambitions than us.

Wouldn''t have Di Santo. A striker who very rarely scores. We have enough of them.

Andros Townsend has been great for QPR. Could be a possibility. Not sure if he''s on loan at QPR or a permanent signing.

I''d also like us to have another look at Jordan Rhodes. Probably cost us £7-8m but he''s scoring plenty. His future is either extremely bright or going to be similar to that of Francis Jeffers.

Also, not sure what United''s plans are with Zaha but if they wanted him to gain Prem experience before he graced their first team then I''d love it if we could take him for the year. Doubt that will happen though as I hear they are keen to shift Nani. May mean United want Valencia and Zaha battling for that right wing role.

Liam Bridcutt appears to be out of contract in the summer. If Brighton dont go up, he will surely be looking for a move to the Prem.Not sure about the market values though, because these players surely cant have any market value in terms of a transfer fee and I cant believe that players like Kolo Toure could command a £6M signing on fee at the age of 32.

Wow, it''s nice to look at that list and feel like those players are ''beneath'' this club. How times have changed from a few years ago when we''d have dreamed to sign pretty much any player on that list!

The only player I might think about taking up would be Jarmaine Pennant, but I honestly think Snoddy is better.

Carlton Cole, possibly, as a slight alternative to Holt?

Row D, I believe Zema was interested in who you were interested on that list on the link he posted.

Townsend was just a loan. But if AVB has a brian he''ll keep him around as back up, as Lennon spends half the season injured, and another 1/4 out of form.

Zaha would be a good shout. What about that Crewe player they signed, Nick Powell I think. Did he go out on loan anywhere? He might be worth a go on loan next season.

Here''s all the half decent ones from across Europe.

- Chris Brunt

- Maynor Figueroa

- Danny Simpson

- Carlton Cole

- Franco Di Santo

- John Utaka

- Vincent Aboubakar

- Fernando Amorebieta

- Joan Verdu

- Juan Forlin

- Masoud Shojaei

- Konstantin Rausch

- Tom De Sutter

- Vladamir Weiss

- Douglas Teixeira

- Miralem Sulejmani

- Ryan Babel

- Magnus Wolf Eikrem

- Mohammed Fellah

- Ruben Jenssen

- Hugo Viana

- Helder Barbosa

- Leandro Salino

- Keisuke Honda

- Bibras Natkho

- Tomas Hubocan

- Aleksandr Ryazantsev

- Ari

- Joãozinho

- Tomas Necid

- Ivo Pekalski

- Jiloan Hamad

- May Mahlangu

- Oleksandr Aliev

- Thomas Ince

- Matt Phillips

- Chris Burke

- Kevin Doyle

I think Joãozinho, Hugo Viana, Magnus Eikrem, Tomas Hubocan, Birbras Natkho and Tom De Sutter could all be worth a look.

I think it must be, at least with Ince. Or at least I would have thought that would have been mentioned when talk of his transfer value has come up in the press. Not worth £25 million if he''s out of contract is he...

Tom Ince

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/thomas-ince/profil/spieler_157368.html

Matt Phillips

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/matt-phillips/profil/spieler_77274.html

I reckon that Lampard chap might have a good season or two left in him.....

To be honest I''m looking at that list and no realistic target is striking me as someone we should look to sign. Thats quite a good feeling actually.

Tom Ince would be worth chucking our hat in the ring for but he will probably end up at Liverpool.

Those in Europe seem either beyond our reach (like Flamini) or I don''t know enough about them to comment. Hopefully the scouting team has a gem or two like Whittaker to bring in on a free.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21247995

Ahh, BBC here say out of contract in the summer. If we could tempt him that would be amazing. But I imagine Liverpool will still be interested. And even if first team football isn''t on offer, Liverpool could/would/will offer him a lot more than we can just to be back up.

I like the look of this guy Jaozinho, maybe he could be an alternative to Ince perhaps? ;)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/joaozinho/profil/spieler_73783.html

15 assists in the Russian league for a poor side is pretty darn good.

[quote user="Renskay"]I think Joãozinho, Hugo Viana, Magnus Eikrem, Tomas Hubocan, Birbras Natkho and Tom De Sutter could all be worth a look.[/quote]Wind up?

I''ve always liked Chris Brunt. Very technically talented and an intelligent player as well. Can play on either flank or as a deep central midfielder. I also think he''d be really good in an advanced midfield role in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. I certainly wouldn''t be opposed with him joining Norwich. Alex Pearce is also out of contract, I''d be tempted to sign him. He is, by far, Readings most talented defender, their defensive record would look alot better with him starting, but due to contract disputes he has spent most of the season on the bench. I think he''d offer good competition as a 3rd/4th centre back.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]Alex Pearce is also out of contract...due to contract disputes he has spent most of the season on the bench.[/quote]21 appearances by a player who''s spent most of the season on the bench is impressive work...especially when the only defender who''s played more (Mariappa) has managed just 8 games extra than Pearce has...That aside I think Pearce is a decent defender at a good age and would be a good squad player on a free for sure.

I think Tom Ince will finally end up Liverpool in the summer.

Matt Phillips would provide good competition for Pilkington. Likely to cost around £4-6m I''d have thought.

I think although I''d love Zaha on loan, it''s about as likely to happen as Benitez keeping the Chelsea job.