Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Turner out

for the weekend and a doubt for Villa. Barnett bought back in for extra cover.

Not great news as he has formed a great partnership with Seb.   Just hope Seb does not suffer now.

Barnett on the bench for stoke methinks

Bassong won''t suffer.

Or at least he didn''t earlier in the season. He''s played perfectly well with Turner, Bennett and Barnett this season. Its when Bassong doesn''t play Turner suffers.

sorry GP not being clear - he seemed to be hobbling after the game on sat so hope he remains fit.   Have no doubt he brings the best out of his partners.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]sorry GP not being clear - he seemed to be hobbling after the game on sat so hope he remains fit.   Have no doubt he brings the best out of his partners.[/quote]

Every time I see Bassong play he looks like he''s carrying an injury unless he''s actually involved in the play. But as soon as he''s involved again he looks strong and quick.  Never seen that in a player before!

I would definitely shift R.Martin over to central defence with Bassong and bring Whittaker into RB.

[quote user="nu_matik"]I would definitely shift R.Martin over to central defence with Bassong and bring Whittaker into RB.[/quote]I disagree. Whittaker is fit, but I would play Leon in central defence in preference to Martin, bearing in mind Stokes height and physicality.

Am I the only one who''d start with R Bennett after his goal-scoring performance?

[quote user="AJ"]Am I the only one who''d start with R Bennett after his goal-scoring performance?[/quote]Depends how much this Twitter FA charge thing has messed with his head, I guess.

Whatever way you look at it, Turner being out is bad news and for it to happen against Stoke makes it even worse.

Ryan ''Tweety Pie'' is more than capable of filling in for Turner......As long as young Ryan doesn''t smuggle his iphone onto the pitch on Saturday....