Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Stoke tickets away ??

Hi all,

Tho i did say after Stoke away last year ( worst game i have ever witnessed) that i would never return to the Brittianna, a hideous stadium filled with equally hideous fans, anyway to my surprise it sold out rather quickly leaving myself and two sons ticketless.

Tin hat on as abuse from Mango bapkin will probably fly in but if anyone had any spare tickets that would be great, email is Timcanary@yahoo.co.uk , many thanks in advance

Yes - it wasn''t great last year. The problem is we''re taking far fewer to away matches and the club are using the ballot form to determine how many or should I say how few tickets to purchase. This is the story of away trips all season.

I don''t think there''s much wrong with the ballot system. If more people applied, the club would take more tickets. So only 1300 of us going to an important game. Disappointing turnout.

They have only given us 1300? Wow that does seem poor, strange as they are struggling to sell their tickets, the ballot system with these stubs is madness, why cant they just check who went to what games on their system, its like the dark ages !!!

My perception - having been to 15 away games so far this season - is that numbers are marginally down for some games, but the big change is that we''re not getting numbers over-subscribed like we did last year.  Simply the novelty of being back in the Prem has worn off.

So the club has asked people to apply in advance and then buys that number of tickets plus a small number on top.  I suspect a few people decide to go at the last minute but not enough to make it worthwhile trying to remind people who went last year etc. 

If you''re a member and give them your email address you''ll get emails warning you when applications are open etc.

I wouldn''t be surprised if you find someone who can''t make it at the last minute so worth keeping this thread near the top.  Anyone who wants to go to see Stoke play deserves help.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

My perception - having been to 15 away games so far this season - is that numbers are marginally down for some games, but the big change is that we''re not getting numbers over-subscribed like we did last year.  Simply the novelty of being back in the Prem has worn off.

So the club has asked people to apply in advance and then buys that number of tickets plus a small number on top.  I suspect a few people decide to go at the last minute but not enough to make it worthwhile trying to remind people who went last year etc. 

If you''re a member and give them your email address you''ll get emails warning you when applications are open etc.

I wouldn''t be surprised if you find someone who can''t make it at the last minute so worth keeping this thread near the top.  Anyone who wants to go to see Stoke play deserves help.

[/quote]

I''m going because I want to see Norwich City play [;)]

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]

[/quote]

I''m going because I want to see Norwich City play [;)][/quote]

Yeah me too,

Anyway wondering if the OP has had any joy?

A big thank you to both City fans who got in touch with me for tickets, really appreciated, can the game be as bad as last year ??? lol

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]A big thank you to both City fans who got in touch with me for tickets, really appreciated, can the game be as bad as last year ??? lol[/quote]
So you got hold of some then? Good news mate.
We''re only taking 1350 due to low demand through application process. McNally explained the other day on Twitter it was because the initial interest thru apps had numbered only in the hundreds so we took the lower allocation. Disappointing, but as I''ve only managed WBA away so far this season (work every other weekend) I applied so Im going :)