Sign in to follow this  
pete

Last away win

Against Swansea Russel Martin and Seb Bassong played at CB, Whittaker RB and scored.

Lets go again I don''t believe Bennett or Barnett should play against Stoke. Need 5 man midfield to start with GH up front. One goal is likely to win point at least Stoke awful at home.

Just because a team was successful against Swansea away, does not mean it will be the same against StokeThe two teams are completely different.I for one would like to see Barnett in the squad. He''s been terrific at Cardiff.

This was the team that beat Stoke 1-0 so I''d go as close as possible to this, obviously with allowances for those unavailable.

Norwich City: Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner (Ryan Bennett, 54), Bassong, Garrido (Barnett, 69); Tettey, Johnson; Snodgrass, Hoolahan (Morison, 87), Pilkington; Holt. Subs (not used): Bunn, Howson, Elliott Bennett, Jackson.

Yeah, Hoolahan actually does surprising well against Stoke. Think they have a slight lack of pace, and don''t close down all that quickly. So he gets enough time on the ball to be effective.

Bringing Barnett on for Garrido wouldn''t be a bad idea if we found ourselves in the lead at a similar point in the game.

Wouldn''t actually be too surprised to see Martin not playing. I want him too, just have a feeling Hughton will want to give Whittaker another chance or two to shine before the season is done.

Whilst I know you can''t be sentimental in football, I actually think Barnett is more likely to start due to the fact that it was very harsh on him to recall him from his loan having helped Cardiff gain promotion and then win the league. He may have been brought in just for cover but my heart says he''s been brought back to do a job.

I envisage the following formation

Bunn

R. Martin   Barnett   Bassong   Garrido

B. Johnson   Tettey

Snodgrass       Howson     Pilkington / Bennett

Kamara

Just so we''re clear, I''m not necessarily saying he should go straight into the team, I just think that it may be a contributing factor as to why he was recalled in quite a harsh fashion.

However, when you do compare the two players, on the one hand you have someone who has played in his last 8 games, been part of a defence that is responsible for 3 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss and have kept 5 clean sheets in those 8 games, or someone who has played 65 minutes in 3 months but got a goal but was part of a defence that conceded... It''s easy to see why you would make the decision to bring Barnett back and put him straight into the team.