Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Who would you buy with 3-6 million?

Who would you buy with the money from either:

a) Green being sold = £3 mil + money that we already have so maybe 5 mil (i am not sure)
b) Francis being sold = same as green being sold
c) Both being sold = £6 mil plus our own spends which could be maybe £8 mil (that sounds too high but its just a guess)
d) Nobody being sold = a million or two is my guess as to how much would be spent.

Would you get Bosmans such as Partridge, quality such as Jagielka which would not leave much money for other players or half way between?

Assuming we get that kind of money to spend, i would like to see Norwich sign one or two ''big name'' signings. These would be some of the better players from the first division such as Jagielka. I know that with these players there will be competition from the Premiership, but with this kind of player on board it would give a signal of intent from the club and also put us in better stead if we were to get promotion. However, i would also like to see Norwich to pluck some up and coming youngsters from the lower divisions and would love to see Eastwood and Talyor being signed. Picking up a few (quality) bosmans wounldn''t go amiss either, although they are hard to come by!!

We''d have to go for halfway between.  Simply because we couldn''t attract the Jagielka''s, the Sidwell''s or the Gabiddon''s.  All would leave for a Prem club but not for another 1st div club.  £3-6M would buy us a hell of a lot of quality though

[quote]Who would you buy with the money from either: a) Green being sold = £3 mil + money that we already have so maybe 5 mil (i am not sure) b) Francis being sold = same as green being sold c) Both being s...[/quote]

If Green does ends up at Portsmouth Northern Canary, then 3 million plus Primus would keep Nigel and me very happy.

Koumas and Sidwell - to offer some creativity in the midfield as well as dead-ball ability. (I assume that Worthy and Co could encourage Koumas!)Taylor, Gabbidon, Halls if they are available, for the defenceFreddy (Westwood?)the striker from Southend, in case of injury and to develop.Those are my six, and most would be capable in the Premiership

i forgot to say who i would get.

In an ideal world where we could get anyone i would choose

Jagielka
Taylor
Kristiansen
Commons
Stone

obviously not all of them but 3 or 4 of them

i couldnt think of many central defenders though

[quote]If Green does ends up at Portsmouth Northern Canary, then 3 million plus Primus would keep Nigel and me very happy.[/quote]

Of course Dave!  Primus.  I hadn''t even thought of the guy.  We should def ask for him to be included in the deal.  It wouldn''t suprise me if he wasn''t in Perrin''s plans

A couple of hundred would sort me out with that blonde four doors down from me, but that''s another story...

The timing could be the key here, I agree with most that we couldn''t attract the likes of Jagielka, Gabbidon etc now BUT if they were still with their respective clubs in January and we were top of the league and looking good that would change everything - particularly if their clubs were struggling.

So, it could be that we get some money in from, say, Rob Greens sale and then spend very little of it until January - giving us a real boost for the second half of the season.

On another point, does anybody agree with me that I simply cannot believe that if we scoured the Dutch, Danish, Finnish etc leagues we could not come up with a reasonably priced decently skilful ball-playing centre-half who would be happy to come to Norwich - I am SURE there must be some out there. I am not sure that we do enough scouting in these leagues. Obviously there would be an element of gamble but we would be paying lower prices and (initially at least) lower wages than for equivalent English players with the possibility of picking up a potential "Hyppia" or "Stam" type player for a really good price.

We should be asking Bruce Rioch to scout for us now in his new job, he recommends the players and gets a "commission payment" if we sign them after checking them out. Everyone''s a winner eh !!!

Mark .Y.

Hmmmmm..........

£6m should buy us plenty of quality.  Enough to get back to the Premiership.

Doubt if we''d get these players, but I would go for.............

Koumas (WBA) £750K

Sidwell (Reading) £1.5m

Taylor (Tranmere) £1m

Commons (Nottingham Forest) £700k

Gabbidon (Cardiff) £1m

Of the other players mentioned, Warnock has said Jagielka is going nowhere and Stone is considering going to Southampton.

[quote]The timing could be the key here, I agree with most that we couldn''t attract the likes of Jagielka, Gabbidon etc now BUT if they were still with their respective clubs in January and we were top of th...[/quote]

good idea imo. We could get players like Kristiansen for now and leave money for Jan