Sign in to follow this  
Gnasher

Looks like Bunn for Stoke

Conversation on twitter between Ruddy and Remi Matthews seems to suggest Ruddy is playing for the U21s tomorrow. Can''t say I''m not disappointed.

remi Matthew''s

@Johnruddy86 all the best tomorrow mate, give me a text after, let me know how you get on

John Ruddy ‏

@Remi_matthews cheers dad!! #oldbeforeyourtime

remi matthews

@Johnruddy86 make sure you do the basics and play well, might be someone watching haha, sound just like my old man

Doesn''t mean he won''t be in contention for Stoke, just an extra game to get him match fit

Playing Bunn is the right decision, he has been playing well and its up to Ruddy to win the shirt back.

[quote user="morty"]Playing Bunn is the right decision, he has been playing well and its up to Ruddy to win the shirt back.[/quote]

Bunn was playing well. But his recent form isn''t actually very good. Red card, I judged after 20 mins. Concede three goals (not his fault, but still) and then concede what seemed like a shot he really should have done better with. I''d suggest his confidence over the last four games he''s been part of has been falling.

And how does a GK win the shirt back? He can''t come on for 20 mins to try and win the game. He''s the better GK, Hughton just has to decide when to put him back in. Unless he''s lost all his ability while out injured.

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="morty"]Playing Bunn is the right decision, he has been playing well and its up to Ruddy to win the shirt back.[/quote]

Bunn was playing well. But his recent form isn''t actually very good. Red card, I judged after 20 mins. Concede three goals (not his fault, but still) and then concede what seemed like a shot he really should have done better with. I''d suggest his confidence over the last four games he''s been part of has been falling.

And how does a GK win the shirt back? He can''t come on for 20 mins to try and win the game. He''s the better GK, Hughton just has to decide when to put him back in. Unless he''s lost all his ability while out injured.[/quote]It is up to Ruddy to get his sharpness and fitness back after a long spell on the sidelines, throwing him in before he has done this would be stupid.Personally I think Bunn has done just fine, overall.

The squad have arrived at the FA centre at St.George''s Park, but no sign of Ruddy so my informants tell me. He should be easy enough to recognise, so would assume not playing.

I think its unlikely we will see him before pre-season, with Keepers it really is about getting into a rhythm and I just think that there isnt enough time between now and the end of the season for Ruddy to get to not only Match sharpness, but also to the point where he is sharper than Bunn. Exciting for next season, we are going to start to look really strong on paper with a couple more signing and Ruddy coming back!