Sign in to follow this  
gravycanaries

Ruddy to Arsenal?

''Anybody who thinks we''d get anywhere near £10m are completely deluded imo.''

Well I think nearly every other single Norwich fan will be telling you, you''re the deluded one.

GKs don''t go for as much as outfield players, no. But Ruddy was no.2 England GK before his injury. That adds to the price. Was top keeper on form. Is what, 26? Something like that, has a decade or so of top flight football. He''s not the finished product, but he''s still very very good.

We don''t need to sell. He''s probably not going to try too hard to push a move through, he appears to quite like it here. Unless of course Hughton tells him Bunn is first choice until injury or suspension. Then he might think about moving.

The price of top quality youngish keepers is rising. Look at the prices quoted for the Sunderland and Stoke keepers. Obviously just rumours, but still.

And £8 million isn''t actually that far off £10m. So you think in the region of £8m, but anywhere near £10 is deluded? Ok...

Bearing in mind Sunderland paid £9 Million for Craig Gordon in 2007, I don''t think expecting an extra million for anyone who wanted Ruddy is unreasonable at all.

We''re in the position of strength. We don''t need to sell and we don''t need the money. If he wants to go fine, but on our terms for those two reasons.

"Fine, if the majority think we''ll rake in some fantasy value for Ruddy. To clarify £8m if we''re lucky, pushing £10M and upwards deluled."

Was Ferguson "deluded" to fork out £18m for DeGea then?

From what I have seen, I would prefer Big J.