Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

The FA bites back !!!

[quote user="paul moy"]10 game ban !!!![/quote]

In all honesty 10 is not enough considering the Barton ban, Suarez is a toss pot and deserves all he gets, I would have brought criminal proceedings against him if it was my arm he bit.

He''d already had a 7 game ban in Holland for a similar incident, so I was expecting 8.  10 just shows the seriousness of the offence in the FA''s eyes and well done to them IMO !!!  

What he did was outrageous Really dislike the guy, it''s a shame really, he could be one of the really big names of football (for the right reasons) were it not down to his attitude. There''s no doubting he''s a superb player, but time and time again he''s shown himself to be a moron. 10 game ban is much longer than I expected tho. Presumed around 6-7. Wonder if it would have been the same length if a player without his reputation had done it.

Biting can pass on serious diseases and kids have been copying his example, but apart from that this is at least his third major offence and he did not learn from the others, so it''s correct to make a powerful statement IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"]Biting can pass on serious diseases and kids have been copying his example, but apart from that this is at least his third major offence and he did not learn from the others, so it''s correct to make a powerful statement IMO.[/quote]Pathetic. The Daily Mail found one child who it claims ''did a Suarez'' and the ''serious diseases'' statement barely deserves a response. Meanwhile Steve Sidwell gets a four match ban for the second wild lunge in a month which could have caused serious injury. The actions of Suarez are childish rather than dangerous and should be treated as such. The same length of ban as Sidwell would have been just about right as this was a second offence even though the potential for damage to an opponent was much less.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="paul moy"]Biting can pass on serious diseases and kids have been copying his example, but apart from that this is at least his third major offence and he did not learn from the others, so it''s correct to make a powerful statement IMO.[/quote]

Pathetic. The Daily Mail found one child who it claims ''did a Suarez'' and the ''serious diseases'' statement barely deserves a response. Meanwhile Steve Sidwell gets a four match ban for the second wild lunge in a month which could have caused serious injury. The actions of Suarez are childish rather than dangerous and should be treated as such. The same length of ban as Sidwell would have been just about right as this was a second offence even though the potential for damage to an opponent was much less.
[/quote]

Obviously no child has ever bitten another child since they saw Suarez do it - in fact he is the first person to ever bite anyone. Hanging is too good for him (at least that is probably what Ryan Bennett thinks).

A very good point about Sidwell, I think there was a total of 12 mins between his two red cards for dangerous tackles, but that''s a 4 game ban.

[quote user="paul moy"]Biting can pass on serious diseases and kids have been copying his example, but apart from that this is at least his third major offence and he did not learn from the others, so it''s correct to make a powerful statement IMO.[/quote]I''m pretty sure kids have been biting other kids in playgrounds long before Suarez decided to snack on Ivanovic''s arm.I take you''re point on the previous offences though.

Would we all be so up in arms about this, if he was our 30 goal a season striker?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]So apparently the FA thinks biting someone on the arm is 2 games worse than racially abusing someone.

[/quote]

Not sure you can really conclude that - this is his 3rd major problem and third major ban - its right the punishment should get progressively harsh and imo 10 games reflects that whole context,  not just biting worse than racial abuse.

Fair ban - but puts focus on fact that had the ref seen it he, like defoe, would have got off scot free.

As Barry Glendenning said on Monday, dogs are normally put down for this sort of thing.

Morty, of course we would, but that''s the benifit of being a supporter outside the club the player belongs to.

liverpools fans will be up in arms about it, but they shouldn''t be.

10 games for me is terrific, I really worried it was only going to be 3.

he''s to hoping we get liverpool in the first 6 games next season!

If I bit someone and they complained to the police, and if the incident was on CCTV, could I expect 3 months in jail, or a suspended sentence ?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="paul moy"]Biting can pass on serious diseases and kids have been copying his example, but apart from that this is at least his third major offence and he did not learn from the others, so it''s correct to make a powerful statement IMO.[/quote]

Pathetic. The Daily Mail found one child who it claims ''did a Suarez'' and the ''serious diseases'' statement barely deserves a response. Meanwhile Steve Sidwell gets a four match ban for the second wild lunge in a month which could have caused serious injury. The actions of Suarez are childish rather than dangerous and should be treated as such. The same length of ban as Sidwell would have been just about right as this was a second offence even though the potential for damage to an opponent was much less.
[/quote]

You really are quite fond of the one with the teeth, aren''t you?

What you miss in the argument here and in the previous thread Shack, is that while reckless and with possible consequences to the player he tackled, Sidwell was at least in the process of attempting to play football. What Suarez did has no place in the real world, let alone on the football field.

So how would you treat ''childish'' acts? What else comes under the same heading? Diving is childish to the extreme, is this the same as that? Joel Barton was childish on many occasions, did he not deserve the 12 match ban? Fights on a Saturday night that include biting may be childish, are they to go unpunished by the law, or be just given a slap on the wrist and to be told to stop being ''childish''?

Forget the Daily Mails paranoia of a child biting epidemic, Suarez is a role model and what he did was beyond the game of football and needed treating as such - and a lengthy ban has shown this must be a one off and should not be seen again.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Obviously no child has ever bitten another child since they saw Suarez do it - in fact he is the first person to ever bite anyone. Hanging is too good for him (at least that is probably what Ryan Bennett thinks).

A very good point about Sidwell, I think there was a total of 12 mins between his two red cards for dangerous tackles, but that''s a 4 game ban.

[/quote]

You WERE being sarcastic ?  :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313203/Im-going-Luis-Suarez-What-boy-told-fellow-pupil-biting-him.html

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]So apparently the FA thinks biting someone on the arm is 2 games worse than racially abusing someone.[/quote]

Not sure you can really conclude that - this is his 3rd major problem and third major ban - its right the punishment should get progressively harsh and imo 10 games reflects that whole context,  not just biting worse than racial abuse.

Fair ban - but puts focus on fact that had the ref seen it he, like defoe, would have got off scot free.

[/quote]Yeah, I guess that''s a fair point. I was trying to imply that, in my opinion, he got off lightly last time.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="paul moy"]Biting can pass on serious diseases and kids have been copying his example, but apart from that this is at least his third major offence and he did not learn from the others, so it''s correct to make a powerful statement IMO.[/quote]Pathetic. The Daily Mail found one child who it claims ''did a Suarez'' and the ''serious diseases'' statement barely deserves a response. Meanwhile Steve Sidwell gets a four match ban for the second wild lunge in a month which could have caused serious injury. The actions of Suarez are childish rather than dangerous and should be treated as such. The same length of ban as Sidwell would have been just about right as this was a second offence even though the potential for damage to an opponent was much less.[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2313203/Im-going-Luis-Suarez-What-boy-told-fellow-pupil-biting-him.html

[/quote]Not got any brighter or more self-aware since the whole Cody thing have you?p.s. Ironically, by quoting The Daily Mail above, what you have actually done is just confirmed the sarcastic point he was making. Well played!

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not got any brighter or more self-aware since the whole Cody thing have you?

p.s. Ironically, by quoting The Daily Mail above, what you have actually done is just confirmed the sarcastic point he was making. Well played!
[/quote]

Well, I skim posts if they are long. Simples !!  Well, I predicted he would get at least an 8 game ban so I do seem to be a bit cleverer than you....  

[quote user="blahblahblah"]If I bit someone and they complained to the police, and if the incident was on CCTV, could I expect 3 months in jail, or a suspended sentence ?
[/quote]

Just a caution methinks !!

[quote user="paul moy"]10 game ban !!!![/quote]What I find slightly amusing or not is the fact that Liverpool will sill pay his wages over this periodso arguably Suarez can watch the game from the stands just getting money for doing nowt ! What a terrible punishment!I do like also the shock horror comments from Liverpool , what did they expect for a player who  has admitted cheating , ban for racism , bitten before (7 match ban) and the player thinks a three match ban is enough for biting again! The club clearly have not made it clear to him how appalled they are by it , expect they just said oh do not be so silly! Any lasting small amount of respect I have for the club will disappear if they appeal against it!!I also think the FA need to stop all this nonsense of if the ref saw it they can do nothing, that has to be rubbish since they quite often overturn decisions which the ref makes for example red card appeals. You can not have it both ways either the refs decision is final or it isnt, and in my opinion players who are paid a fortune need to be held to the highest standards by the officials on the day and video evidence later. Still can not get over the recent deliberate two footed lunge by a player not being punished because seen by officials on day. What a way to run a multi billion pound industry!

Paranoid Man in Cheap Sh*t Room wrote -

"What you miss in the argument here and in the previous thread Shack, is that while reckless and with possible consequences to the player he tackled, Sidwell was at least in the process of attempting to play football. What Suarez did has no place in the real world, let alone on the football field.

So how would you treat ''childish'' acts? What else comes under the same heading? Diving is childish to the extreme, is this the same as that? Joel Barton was childish on many occasions, did he not deserve the 12 match ban? Fights on a Saturday night that include biting may be childish, are they to go unpunished by the law, or be just given a slap on the wrist and to be told to stop being ''childish''?

Forget the Daily Mails paranoia of a child biting epidemic, Suarez is a role model and what he did was beyond the game of football and needed treating as such - and a lengthy ban has shown this must be a one off and should not be seen again."

Sidwell is not the best example, as there was an element of attempting to play the game, but there have been vicious fouls committed this season. Two footed jumps, studs showing, over the ball assaults.

There never was, and never has been, a place for these fouls in the game and had they occurred twenty or thirty years ago the perpetrator would probably have received somebody''s fist. Those challenges in those days were so rare that the players would react against them. Whereas our good old Duncan Forbes would be only too happy to kick anything that moved, and if it didn''t move kick it until it did, I can never remember him lunging in with his studs showing. Those challenges are the real danger to the game and the players.

As hard as Suarez may have bitten Ivanovic it was never going to threaten his career.

Don''t get me wrong, he deserves his ban, but what I am saying is that with some of the most ugly challenges I have seen this season the perpetrators deserve a lot more than the three match ban they are given. A three match ban doesn''t hurt the player that much and it certainly doesn''t hurt the bigger clubs with their multi millionaire squad members.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="blahblahblah"]If I bit someone and they complained to the police, and if the incident was on CCTV, could I expect 3 months in jail, or a suspended sentence ?[/quote]No one complained to the police.[/quote]The Association of Black Lawyers will. [:S]

When I see a lovely arm, I go out of my head

I just can''t get enough, I just can''t get enough

The thought of all that pinky flesh, it really does excite

I just can''t get enough, I just can''t get enough

I clenched my teeth and I had a bite and I just can''t seem to get enough of ...skin

mmmm