Worcester Yellow

Lewandowski... Gunn was told... 100% genuine

100% True email... had forgotten about it... but stumbled on it today

Jan B*****k (j******ak@hotmail.com) 09/09/2008

To: Bryan Gunn

Hi again.

If you do go...

Lech Poznan again... Robert Lewandowski... forward

6ft... 20 years old... seems a scoring machine although hes only just started playing Ekstraliga. Called up to NT.

Cheers

Jan

Subject: RE: Player recommendation

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:56:30 +0100

To: j*****ak@hotmail.com

Thanks Jan

I may have a visit to Poland in the coming weeks.

Regards

Bryan

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wed 8/20/2008 8:23 PM

To: Bryan Gunn

Subject: Player recommendation

Hi Bryan

If youre having a look at Poland then the following three players also stand out.

Tomasz Zahorski

I was trying to hide that bit... :)

embarrassingly...

Roger Guererro... who is not playing for AEK Athens although he moved there on a 5 year contract

Adam Kokoszka... who was signed by Empoli but has been loaned back to a Polish team in recent weeks...

But at that time Lewandowski would have cost €1.5m

To be fair, they''re not embarrassing.

All of them played for Poland, which for a then championship/league 1 club would have very good.

Whilst 1.5m seems very cheap, at the time it would have seemed like impossible.

So whilst, Gunn might have liked him and wanted to sign him, unfortunately I very much doubt he was in a position to sign him.

But nevertheless, thanks for sharing and it''s good to know that we had/have a network stretching to unknown Polish players, and to some extent the Polish national team is on the way back.

Sorry, where does this come from? Everyone treating it as if the OP might be actually telling the truth here (which he might) but surely having access to internal email is a bit strange.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Sorry, where does this come from? Everyone treating it as if the OP might be actually telling the truth here (which he might) but surely having access to internal email is a bit strange.[/quote]

The OP is my dad, he sent the email which is why he has access to it. I can vouch for the validity of it.

It''s Polish mate. My first name is Tomasz. Hence the interest in recommending polish players. I lauded Rafal Wolski on here last Jan before he signed for fiorentina and got injured.

PS it pronounced Yan.

I''m assuming u have never heard of jan venegoor of hesselink or Jan mjolby if you don''t think its a male name? [;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why is your dad called Jan? Never known a male with that name...[/quote]

Really! It''s common in Holland as well as Eastern Europe. It''s short for Johan or John

Definitely know a couple of male Jans.

but so what - it seems true but we went for holt instead - and that turned out so badly for us didn''t it?