Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Excited for next season

With survival all but achieved, i''m really excited for next season, i think the league will be tougher but i have a real good feeling we will have a bit more success next term.

With RVW already in the bag, i can see a few more top, top players coming in.

It feels like we are moving up a level, so my thoughts are a top 10 finish and a cup semi final, what is everyones early prediction for the 2013/14 season?

Wow jumping the gun a bit. We''re still dangerously close to the relegation zone. Lets wait till we''re mathematically safe before discussing this!

Don''t get too ahead of yourself, like City1st, we all want and hope that City can move up the league, but in reality there are 19 other teams including the three coming up who will also invest heavily and will have the same top class players coming in.

I would be very happy to carry on build on the past two seasons and anythin from 14th up would be a result in my book.

RVW and three or four more quality players to add to a very good squad would be the way I hope we go.

But how good will it be to be a City fan next season, our third in the premiership and one which should see the best squad assembeld since 1993.

Exciting times indeed.

Don''t get too ahead of yourself, like, we all want and hope that City can move up the league, but in reality there are 19 other teams including the three coming up who will also invest heavily and will have the same top class players coming in.

I would be very happy to carry on build on the past two seasons and anythin from 14th up would be a result in my book.

RVW and three or four more quality players to add to a very good squad would be the way I hope we go.

But how good will it be to be a City fan next season, our third in the premiership and one which should see the best squad assembeld since 1993.

Exciting times indeed.

It''s nice to nurture optimistic thoughts every now and then OP.

Blimey, it''s pouring with rain here, the dog''s just farted and I can''t find the tea-bags, whilst that can of Foster''s is winking at me with allure.

We are on the brink of something very exciting here, perhaps more than at any other time in our history.

I would not, however, want us to abandon what is becoming the ''Norwich way'' whereby we retain a sensible wages structure, a realistic approach to the transfer market and a considered avoidance of some of the fancy danny players who are capable of bringing a club to it''s knees. No big time Charlies at Carrow Road please.

I agree, everything is positive. Even Highland Canary has moderated his bleating!We have just bought an 8 million quid striker.Our yoof are in the cup final.Still selling out games.We finally seem to have a board that knows how to do business.We''re debt free, just as FFP is being introduced.Ipswich are still $hit.

[quote user="DOGGER"]

With survival all but achieved, i''m really excited for next season, i think the league will be tougher but i have a real good feeling we will have a bit more success next term.

It feels like we are moving up a level, so my thoughts are a top 10 finish and a cup semi final, what is everyones early prediction for the 2013/14 season?

[/quote]

Looking at the likely candidates to come up next season with Cardiff, there doesn''t seem anyone with great strength or potential.

Last year West Ham and Southampton were promoted and I think it was fairly obvious once they both started spending that relegation wasn''t a real threat (especially after Southampton ditched Adkins who looked hugely out of his depth).

Cardiff could be a worry if they start spending, but their owner has already been saying things to suggest he won''t go too crazy. Hull aren''t brilliant and Steve Bruce has struggled in the Premier League on more than one occasion; it''s impossible to know what players Watford would even have next year and they have been very reliant on the talents of 2 or 3 of their loan players. The only team who are currently in the play-off mix who might have a good chance are Brighton, they have a good manager and are very similar to Swansea in their approach.

This year has been a very tough Premier League, certainly harder than last season - I think next year the quality at the top will get better, but those at the bottom will get worse.

Chick here.

Maybe it''s old Chick''s youth, maybe it''s his lack of grey matter, but can things really be expected to be much better at the old Carrot Patch?

From the yoofs upwards all yummy. Virtually safe, billions of cash, Hughton, RVW, KK, DMcN, C & A, KFC and PM''s Question Time. It is a real struggle to take it all in. 

Finger licken'' good. 

colonel sanders photo: Colonel Sander colonel-sanders_kfc.jpg  

Before people get too carried away with next season, lets just take a thought as to what we have now.  We have  a squad that is at best lower half of the table and with every club being to upgrade with the cash windfall, that is unlikely to improve in relation to other clubs.  So realistically  a repeat of this season looks likely - lower half

of the table, not being "safe" until quite late in the season, much like

all under mid-way clubs are this season.  

Improving on this season on the attacking front would be a priority - and for me that means getting the midfield to be more creative - and with four or five players coming in - we should see a better balanced footballing side.   So, a repeat of this season is likely -

but with  more exciting football - of that I am sure.

[quote user="DOGGER"]

[/quote]

A final would be better (followed by a win)

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. This could all look very different should we fail to pick up a point at Stoke and Villa and Wigan gain points.Next season will take care of itself lets make sure we complete the job of staying in this division before we speculate.

agree, everything is positive. Even Highland Canary has moderated his bleating!We have just bought an 8 million quid striker.Our yoof are in the cup final.Still selling out games.We finally seem to have a board that knows how to do business.We''re debt free, just as FFP is being introduced.Ipswich are still $hit.
Twitter - @MortyMark<<<<-------- You made me laugh with the Ipswich quote [Y]

[quote user="ricardo"]Lets not get ahead of ourselves. This could all look very different should we fail to pick up a point at Stoke and Villa and Wigan gain points.Next season will take care of itself lets make sure we complete the job of staying in this division before we speculate.[/quote]I prefer to be uber positive and say that we''re only 1/2 points away from guaranteed safety.

Even though it''s true that the income will be the same for every club (basic tv money before end of season performance and tv appearances).

However, it''s not strictly true that''s it''s the same for every club, Norwich still have one of the lowest if not the lowest wages for the clubs not being relegated.

This means, that we''re one of the best clubs to benefit from the increase in tv money. With a very high disposal income + debt free.

Naturally, we might end up like Everton in a few seasons, maxed out their spending on wages, and don''t have a large transfer budget (particularly in light of fairly big sales recently as well).

I also suspect, that the transfer fee''s will increase, but I don''t suspect it will be directly inline with the increase in tv money to start with (for europe/championship)

So for this summer, hopefully we will see the handful of ''top class'' players, that we are all hoping for and if the likes of Redmond is available for 2m.

Maybe, I am full of sh*t, but I think we''re in one of the best positions in terms of potential growth:

* 3 players who have scored 5 goals - only QPR have a top scorer on everyone else is higher.

* Ruddy has missed more than half of the season, which is kind of a big deal considering Bunn is nowhere near the national side, even though he''s played quite well.

* The whole back four was new this season, and you wouldn''t expect that they should improve for next season having played so much together now.

* Importantly CH has spent a season with the lads, and hopefully, it will allow him to really find some of the missing jigsaw pieces : compared to a few weeks training and watching dvd''s [last time round].

All in all, I think we''re in very good shape going forward, and have plenty of room for growth.

Good post Baracouda, interesting points. but what were you trying to say with your first bullet point, about top scorers and QPR?

I also fully agree with Ricardo''s caution, we may well only need (arguably) 1-2 points now but they aren''t in the bank yet.

I agree with the need for caution until we''re safe, but things do look better for next season.No manager change will allow building on what we have now through the preseason with RvW available from the start. No debt means much more financial flexibility. More top players coming in will improve an already good squad. My aim would be a top half finish and a good cup run.

[quote user="DOGGER"]

[/quote]

Agreed - have been looking forward to the summer since jan and even more so since the RvW signing.   Its going to be epic

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="DOGGER"]

[/quote]

Agreed - have been looking forward to the summer since jan and even more so since the RvW signing.   Its going to be epic

[/quote]

Absolutely. An Ashes series and no tedious football to get in the way!

Still excited - survival all but achieved - don''t think so!!

[quote user="DOGGER"]

[/quote]