Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Stoke v Norwich predictions?

Some Stoke fans seem quite confident with one fan claiming if they dont beat us they dont deserve to stay up.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/213004/norwich-away-form

I reckon we''ll win 1-0 :) Snodgrass free kick!!

Unless we are more "in yer face", that is close down and disrupt Stoke attacks, which we failed to do in the Reading goal, I can see us conceding at least one goal. Etherington in particular has to be tackled before he builds up pace. I am not too concerned about the inevitable high balls, as Bassong and Turner/Bennett, and Ruddy, please, will deal with those.

I''ll go for 1-1 , or 0-1, if we go goal-shy again. Neither team has a good goal-scoring record this season, so one goal could decide it.

This has got 0-0 written all over it.

1-1 if they decide to expand a bit by remembering that they are in the entertainment business.

Therefore, I predict a sound 3-0 victory to one side or the other, probably Stoke.

You heard it here first.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Goalless draw?[/quote]I don''t usually bet on Norwich games (I like to bet with head, not heart), but I''m tempted to take the 6/1 on offer here.I doubt there has ever been a game more nailed on for 0-0. CH sets up hard to beat away. Stoke set up to play route 1. Draw probably suites both sides.Yep 0-0.

A draw would be no surprise to anybody especially as it''s not a bad result for either.

But after the last few games I rather think we''ll sneak a win here.  Could just be wishful thinking !  Looking forward to the trip.  Well, aside from it being a dire game last year.

[quote user="Salopian"]

Unless we are more "in yer face", that is close down and disrupt Stoke attacks, which we failed to do in the Reading goal, I can see us conceding at least one goal. Etherington in particular has to be tackled before he builds up pace. I am not too concerned about the inevitable high balls, as Bassong and Turner/Bennett, and Ruddy, please, will deal with those.

I''ll go for 1-1 , or 0-1, if we go goal-shy again. Neither team has a good goal-scoring record this season, so one goal could decide it.

[/quote]When was the last time Etherington played for Stoke, let alone got on their bench?!0-0.

Definitely likely to be a draw, which I''d take away from home

1-2.While our three previous away games have been debacles in one way or another, maybe that can continue, but in our favour for once?Here''s hoping.

Win, lose or draw but a maximum of ''one'' in either column.

Most likely 0-0.

Go there to play for the draw 0-0 or 1-0.

Go there and try and win it 1-0, 0-0, 0-1 or 1-1.

Now, that''s all the options covered and assumes we don''t have the same lino as last season.

4th lowest scoring home team with the 3rd lowest scoring away side, who cant score from open play?   has 0-0 written all over it but my money would be on a  high scoring draw 2-2 with maybe 3-3 and outside possibility.

A draw would be a brilliant outcome asd it would pretty much get us near to probable mathematical safety and it would keep them behind with a harder last three matches for them.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Salopian"]

[/quote]

When was the last time Etherington played for Stoke, let alone got on their bench?!

0-0.
[/quote]

6th April 2013 versus Aston Villa

Well, i''ll be indecisive again and say either 0-0 or a very surprising game and us pulling through 3-2.

But then last week i said we''d win 5-0 and Holt would score a hattrick...

This has to be Stokes best opportunity to get 3 points on the board and make them safe. I cannot remember the last time we came away from there with anything. A point would be great but head says narrow Stoke victory

"Herman "I predict that I won''t be staying up to catch us on MOTD.

I am a genius.

FFS Hughton. How the hell are people supposed to stick up for you after that dreadful shite?!