Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Hmmmmm

[quote user="City 2nd"]Glen Roeder was sacked by NCFC having won only 3 Matches from 14 played. Hughton wins 2 in 16![/quote]Glenn Roeder was manager in the Championship when we had expectations of a top half finish.  This season has always been about staying up and rebuilding.  We are unbeaten at home in 2013.  Sacking Hughton now would be counter-productive.  We will rebuild and be better next season.

I know OP is a bit of a d!ck but he raises a valid point GP whether you like it or not. It does beg the question why is Hughton still here when others have been sacked for less?

Not saying I want him out personally but more and more games like today are starting to make me doubt his quality.

There is a massive difference between Roeder''s record in the CHAMPIONSHIP and Hughton''s record in the PREMIER LEAGUE.

Stop trolling and support the team.

Others haven''t really been sacked for less though?

Roeder wasn''t sacked just for winning only 3 in 14. He was sacked because we were very close to the relegation zone. He let our best player this century go for free when he''d have taken a pay cut to stay. He thought Fotheringham was captain material. Brought in a number of useless loan players with no desire to play well for us.

Maybe McNally and co are getting fed up with Hughton and will sack him at the end of the season. But unless they have been having words with him in private about our style of play, i''d suggest they are perfectly happy just to stay up. Allow Hughton to buy players in attack of the same kind of quality of the back four he brought in. And develop our style of play next season.

Roeder took us from a poor position to safety. Back down to a poor position the following season.

Because maybe the board can see the bigger picture and trust Hughton with their long term plan.

And they also realised that Roeder was not only a bad manager but didn''t seem like a decent human being.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Glen Roeder was sacked by NCFC having won only 3 Matches from 14 played. Hughton wins 2 in 16![/quote]

So would you sack Hughton now? Or would you have done it two games ago? Or am I missing the point you''re making?

Gingerpele wrote the following post at 2013-04-27 9:31 PM:

Others haven''t really been sacked for less though?

Roeder wasn''t sacked just for winning only 3 in 14. He was sacked because we were very close to the relegation zone.

GP I don''t disagree with you at all, but under Hughton we are also near the relegation zone!

And our style of play is no better under Hughton. I do not believe comparison should be made as to whether its Premiership football or championship football, you still need quality players, quality defending and the need to score goals to win in either league. We didn''t have it with Roeder and we don''t have it with Hughton. Rioch, Hamilton Roeder and Gunn all took us backwards and Lambert took us forwards to where we are now, and again it seems we are throwing it all away again far to quickly. Yes Hughton may have to see us through to the end of this season, but should he be trusted for next season on his current stats? In all honesty, are you happy watching this brand of football? And were you happy when Roeder as shown the door?

Dry your pants FFS.Its like some of you want us to lose just so you can whinge.

[quote user="morty"]Dry your pants FFS.

Its like some of you want us to lose just so you can whinge.
[/quote]

Some of us would like to see the odd shot or goal

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="morty"]Dry your pants FFS.Its like some of you want us to lose just so you can whinge.[/quote]

Some of us would like to see the odd shot or goal

[/quote]Yes, we all would.What I am talking about here is the tedious, pathetic individuals who crawl out of the woodwork as soon as we lose.But are strangely silent when we don''t.Pathetic specimens of human beings.

TynemouthCanary wrote the following post at 2013-04-27 11:31 PM:

OPs username says it all. Attention-seeking whinging first, our club 2nd...

Very apt handle you have yourself sir! Is your brain the same size as your MOUTH Tyne!