Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Wigan & Villa

Where will they get points from?

Wigan games Spurs (H), W/Brom (A), Swansea (H), Arsenal (A), Villa (H)

Villa games Sunderland (H), Norwich (A), Chelski (H), Wigan (A)

Difficult to predict at this time of season but I can''t see either of them getting enough points to worry us.

I am now feeling quite confident

Wigan:

0 Points vs. Spurs

3 Points vs. West Brom

3 Points vs. Swansea

0 Points vs. Arsenal

0 Points vs. Villa

= 37 points

Villa:

1 Point vs. Sunderland

3 Points vs. Norwich

0 Points vs. Chelsea

3 Points vs. Wigan

= 41 Points

----------

End of season prediction:

16. Villa

17. Norwich

18. Wigan

19. QPR

20. Reading

Why do so many posters automatically think that the Villa game is lost?

Is it the Lambert-fear factor, because apart from looking decent when coming forward at times they are a team seriously weak when defending.

Neither is the cup defeat particularly significant IMO, they never are.

If we go at them in the same way we did at Villa Park last time out, admittedly with an advantage, then I see every reason for a timely City win. 

I think, given both their recent form, Stoke and Newcastle need to be factored into your equation. Actually think we only need 1 more point tho as I can''t see Wigan getting more than 38 given their remaining fixtures and the distraction of a cup final. I Agree with Broadstairs though, Villas best results this season have been when they''ve been expected to lose/draw and the pressures off. The pressure is definately on for them now and I think we may well turn them over. Still think Wigan to go down though.

Wigan:

0 Points vs. Spurs 
1 Points vs. West Brom
3 Points vs. Swansea
0 Points vs. Arsenal 
3 Points vs. Villa

= 38 points

Villa: 

3 Point vs. Sunderland 
1 Points vs. Norwich
0 Points vs. Chelsea 
0 Points vs. Wigan

= 38 points

Norwich:

0 Point vs. Stoke

1 Point vs. Villa

3 Points vs. WBA

0 Points vs. Man C

= 42 points.

But think that it will come down to Villa''s goal diff which will see them go down.

It would require both villa and Wigan to pull out some remarkable results to put us in danger and then we have to consider that they have to play each other.

The reason I think we will lose against Villa is: Yes they are good coming forward and weak at the back. We are not great in the final third, so won''t offer much threat against the weak defence they have. Let''s not forget, we are the only team that failed to score at Wigan and have a shot on target.

Our defence, whilst stronger this season, is capable of being broken, especially now Turner appears to be injured for a while.

I think it won''t be too hard for Villa to beat us and Lambert won''t let his side lose a game at Norwich that might put his side into more trouble.

I''d love to think Villa could go down, but can''t see Wigan doing what they did last season. Wigan to go down. Just.

Realistically I can see Wigan getting one or zero points from their final fixtures.

Im hoping Villa will hopefully lose to a resurgent Sunderland, a draw against us. Hopefully it will go down to a Bum nipping final game of the season and Wigan prevail over Villa :-)

OTBC

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]The reason I think we will lose against Villa is: Yes they are good coming forward and weak at the back. We are not great in the final third, so won''t offer much threat against the weak defence they have. Let''s not forget, we are the only team that failed to score at Wigan and have a shot on target.

Our defence, whilst stronger this season, is capable of being broken, especially now Turner appears to be injured for a while.

I think it won''t be too hard for Villa to beat us and Lambert won''t let his side lose a game at Norwich that might put his side into more trouble.

I''d love to think Villa could go down, but can''t see Wigan doing what they did last season. Wigan to go down. Just.[/quote]

Why do you even pretend to be a Norwich supporter???? If we won the Champions League you would find fault with us. And don''t hide behind "I am a realist etc". If you are a Norwich supporter - support them. Be partisan. Believe in them - if so called supporters don''t believe in them who the f is going to?

we barely lost to man city and chelsea at home, and beat both arsenal and man u, and drew to spurs

that takes care of the top 5

and yet it comes to Villa, and oh my god we''re going to lose!

@Indy

You say Villa will get 42 points. Wigan 38. Then say Villa will go down on goal difference. Assume you mean Wigan?

I''m a proud Norwich fan thanks very much. Just think Villa will beat us. If you don''t like it, don''t read it. Cheers.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Look at Norwich''s home record, why do some think that it''s suddenly going to collapses over our last two home games ?
[/quote]

Absolutely spot on!

Only lost 3 home league games this season - yet the "chicken licken" brigade will have you believe that AV have that mysterious power over NCFC - chaps, based on recent history, it''s the other way round! (Unless they are PL acolytes spreading the word about his "invincibility" - ala Boris Ourumov in Goldeneye!)

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Look at Norwich''s home record, why do some think that it''s suddenly going to collapses over our last two home games ?[/quote]

Absolutely spot on!

Only lost 3 home league games this season - yet the "chicken licken" brigade will have you believe that AV have that mysterious power over NCFC - chaps, based on recent history, it''s the other way round! (Unless they are PL acolytes spreading the word about his "invincibility" - ala Boris Ourumov in Goldeneye!)

[/quote]

Oh dear ABC. How could you? It wasn''t Ourumov - it was Boris the computer wizard!

Unless you think Norwich are going to win every game, you are slammed for having an opinion on here.

I think Norwich will lose to Villa. So what. Just a prediction. Just my opinion. Why does it annoy so many of you?!

For those who were at the Villa cup game, Lambert outsmarted Hughton quite easily on the night. For all the fans who went to Villa, we played well but struggled to break them down, even though they had ten men. Only came away with a point. Should''ve been three.

Benteke was the best player on the pitch in the cup game. Think he will be again in a couple of weeks.

Like I say, just a prediction. Don''t have a stroke over it. Please.

You can''t really use te cup game as a barometer of what will happen next weekend. The Villa 11 that started that day is much, much closer to their strongest 11 than what ours was, plus they are awful at defending set pieces which will play right in to our hands. By no means 3 points for Villa.

We wont lose every game and I cant see both Villa and Wigan getting to 38 points.    My prediction league was for Stoke to finish in teh zone but the extra 2 points last weekend will see Villa down on the last day.

City will get between 2&6 points from the next 4 games - my money is on a win 2 draws and a defeat - so 5 more points and a comfortable mid table finish - but even justa couple of draws is hunky dory.

Guess this weekend will have a large baring on the Villa game (if we win and they lose to Sunderland). We''re safe, confidence oozing through the squad and the crowd and the complete opposite for Villa.

From what we know of Villa it''s unlikely that Lambert is going to settle for a draw, which could suit us with 2 DM''s and hitting them on the counter-attack Kamara could be one to benefit the most.

From all the previous games where lambert has played his former clubs, the former team I believe has included significant number of his former side.

We could go into the game with only a few of his former team, which i guess could be significant.

But anyway, lets focus on Stoke get 3pts and really enjoy the VIlla game.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I guess most peoples fear of defeat to Villa may have somthing to do with the fact they trounced us at home last time we played them? Just a thought.[/quote]

Well what a surprise. Lincoln Canary popping up on a thread of utter negativity.

I''m more encouraged in that I think we''re beginning to see a more positive approach from Hughton. This new approach is more likely to see us winning football matches. The Lambert fear factor comes from (1) our league cup thrashing (2) a perception that Lambert might have team somewhat more motivated than our team has seemed at points since Christmas. But, as I have said, over the last two game we''ve been more positive which will increase our chances of victory. Here''s hoping we set up with both Holt and Kamara at Stoke and don''t revert to the 0-0 strategy.

Looking at the fixtures this weekend, we will have a much clearer picture after them, and if we have come away with a point from Stoke I reckon we''ll be fairly happy.

I think we''ll get a result at the Potteries on Saturday.....a point at least......

Let''s not forget......Kei Kamara has a point to prove against Pulis and Stoke.......He''ll certainly be fired up for it......

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@Indy You say Villa will get 42 points. Wigan 38. Then say Villa will go down on goal difference. Assume you mean Wigan? I''m a proud Norwich fan thanks very much. Just think Villa will beat us. If you don''t like it, don''t read it. Cheers.[/quote]

Sorry Row D, read it again and you will see that I have both Wigan and Villa on 38 points and Norwich on 42.........Villa will go down in my mind, but this is a pure guess and anything can happen in the next 4 games.....Villa could wind 3 and Wigan could win three we could lose all ours and down we go, who knows, if someone did they sure could make a shed load of money!

Roll on Saturday 4.50 and that 2-0 win at Stoke.