Sign in to follow this  
unique

One gutless, guileless performance too far......

If West Brom''s away thrashing of Southampton doesn''t send alarm bells running through the ears of every Norwich City supporter still wearing green-tinted glasses, then the dire performance of Hughton''s Norwich City side should.

If anybody still believes that Hughton and his defensive sidekicks will extract the best out of RVW then they are living in cloud cuckoo land. RVW in their hands stands to be the biggest flop in recent times.

Hughton and Caldwell seem to have effortlessly blunted the attacking flair and intent that has been harvested over the past three years....and let''s not even remind ourselves of an FA Cup exit at the hands of a non-league side.

Time is running out.Too many games now without a shot on target.Hughton can no longer be entrusted with the manager''s position. Give him three more games, then regardless of Norwich''s status, it is time to start afresh.

We are unbeaten at home in 2013, and will be less open than Southampton.  You can''t judge our home performance on an away performance at Stoke.I suppose if we''d lost 4-3 today you''d feel better?

Very poor performance today - no invention of any kind and if Crouch was any good we would have lost 3-0. We will survive only because other teams are so poor - very lucky that Man City and Spurs have scored late goals against Wigan denying them of 3 points.

I think we will beat Villa though - I think the players Lambert left will want to prove something to him.

Mister Chops wrote the following post at 2013-04-27 9:19 PM:

We are unbeaten at home in 2013, and will be less open than Southampton. You can''t judge our home performance on an away performance at Stoke.

I suppose if we''d lost 4-3 today you''d feel better?

Are you really serious with your post! We win two home games since before Xmas, and lose in the FA Cup at home to non league Luton. And you think that is acceptable?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]We are unbeaten at home in 2013, and will be less open than Southampton.  You can''t judge our home performance on an away performance at Stoke.

[/quote]

Well, to be fair, Stoke should have had four today although, for Norwich to get three, we would be required to have a shot on goal.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]We are unbeaten at home in 2013, and will be less open than Southampton.  You can''t judge our home performance on an away performance at Stoke.I suppose if we''d lost 4-3 today you''d feel better?[/quote]

Well, to be fair, Stoke should have had four today although, for Norwich to get three, we would be required to have a shot on goal.

[/quote]The "Should" game is always interesting.   We "should" have had at least a point against Arsenal.  We "should" have been playing ten men today.It is interesting though that the "shoulds" are generally always negative.  Stoke "should" have had four.  Okay.

Laughable how last weeks euphoria quickly turns to despair. Nothing much happened other than we narrowly lost away while Wigan scraped a home point and remain 2 wins behind us. I think 1 more point will see us safe now.

We wont beat Villa if the full backs are not allowed to go past the half way line. Here is an idea, lets set up to impose our strenths on the opposition rather than to nulify there''s. Hughton is so afraid of what the opposition may do that he keeps the players on a leach. Do not break position, keep it tight and we may scrape a draw here.

[quote user="JF"]We wont beat Villa if the full backs are not allowed to go past the half way line. Here is an idea, lets set up to impose our strenths on the opposition rather than to nulify there''s. Hughton is so afraid of what the opposition may do that he keeps the players on a leach. Do not break position, keep it tight and we may scrape a draw here.[/quote]Please try to understand that at home, we don''t play the same way as we play away from home.

Its a f ing good job we dont as we would be going down with the lowest points tally in history. I have seen nothing at home recently to suggest we have it in us to win either home match, and we may as well not turn up on the last day.

[quote user="ricardo"]Laughable how last weeks euphoria quickly turns to despair. Nothing much happened other than we narrowly lost away while Wigan scraped a home point and remain 2 wins behind us. I think 1 more point will see us safe now.[/quote]Agreed Ricardo. the players had one eye on their summer holidays today... Hoots will have them up for next week.last 2 games wont matter against a mid table side with nothing to play for and a team with 2nd already sewn up... i''d even wager we will beat Man City... no one will care as well.

Indeed. And if we hadn''t got the points from the games we got them we''d have no points at all! Imagine that...

38 points is bad enough isn''t it.. but it could be worse! Imagine that..

Unfortunately all this season we have not been playing well. Lucky results against some top sides have saved us.

Our fans, compared with other teams are very supportive at games. We give players and our manager more of a chance than most would.

We are on a knife edge, I think we are starting to rely on others failing. I cannot see our brand of football changing much up to the end of the

season.

Its way too late this season for change, we have no option but to back what we have.

Its looking like Mr Lamberts return next week could be our and maybe their date with destiny.

"Nothing much happened other than we narrowly lost...."

Let''s just leave it at "Nothing much happened...."

Two games against fellow strugglers Wigan and Stoke without a single shot to trouble the goalkeeper is simply indefensible.

Hughton and Caldwell''s ability to integrate RVW and turn Norwich City back into a serious attacking force, on the evidence of the season so far, is unlikely in the extreme.

''Dissenters'' and ''pant-wetters'' are making judgement calls on the evidence of this season. The long distant ten-match unbeaten run has now proved to be the exception rather than the rule.

Remaining in the Premiership is the sole intention, but Hughton''s position as manager should be the price he pays for the appalling style with which he may yet achieve this goal.  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]Laughable how last weeks euphoria quickly turns to despair. Nothing much happened other than we narrowly lost away while Wigan scraped a home point and remain 2 wins behind us. I think 1 more point will see us safe now.[/quote]Agreed Ricardo. the players had one eye on their summer holidays today... Hoots will have them up for next week.last 2 games wont matter against a mid table side with nothing to play for and a team with 2nd already sewn up... i''d even wager we will beat Man City... no one will care as well.[/quote]

Code of conduct

1. Do not advertise products or services on the message boards. Any advertising without permission will be removed.

Tut-tut Jas(on)......

[;)]

[quote user="City 2nd"]Mister Chops wrote the following post at 2013-04-27 9:19 PM:

We are unbeaten at home in 2013, and will be less open than Southampton. You can''t judge our home performance on an away performance at Stoke.

Are you really serious with your post! We win two home games since before Xmas, and lose in the FA Cup at home to non league Luton. And you think that is acceptable?[/quote]Yes, I was serious with my post.  We are unbeaten at home in the Prem this year (reserve team defeats to non-league teams in the FA Cup do sting, but aren''t relevant to PL survival)..  Is being unbeaten at home in the Prem this year acceptable?  Yes, to me.

It was a performance that we should have all expected, a dire performance and one chance falling it fell to stoke and then they had a few more great chances.

I expected a poor performance and we got it,I don''t expect any of our players to put in a performance that warrants headlines. I expect us to be in the game and maybe nick a win. I just do not have any belief that our current team (attacking team) will be starters next season.

I believe snoddy and tettey and Johnson will be competing for 2 positions next season in the midfield.

We need two wingers at least one attacking midfielder and another forward to back up rvw, otherwise we are left with this inept group.

Forget what our attacking play was like two years ago and even last, the league was very different and now they know how to nullify us.

We need the end of the season and transfer window to add genuine quality not have a group that are strong as a team we need game winners. Today plan a was awful and then plan b was as expected plan b with personnel but personnel who are championship calibre.

I expect us to crawl over the line and mainly due to picking up just enough points stay up. I expect a team to drop and have worse running than us. But the writing has been on the wall and I believe that giving Hughton a full transfer window he can bring in genuine quality and we will not see this style of play again due to having players of genuine quality.

[quote user="ricardo"]Laughable how last weeks euphoria quickly turns to despair. Nothing much happened other than we narrowly lost away while Wigan scraped a home point and remain 2 wins behind us. I think 1 more point will see us safe now.
[/quote]

Ricardo you are a top bloke. You are just what I need when I start to doubt that we will stay up. You are, as they say , the Ying to my Yang (or it might be the other way round)

At this moment I can''t see us getting another point. But if we do stay up I will search you out and buy you a pint of Peroni or whatever that stuff is you like [:D]

PS I am being deadly serious.  

Given that we are largely still a team made up of over performing championship players, I''m also more than happy with this record and it is a credit to those players that they have achieved this.

Regarding today, had the refereeing been of an acceptable standard early on, Nzonzi would have been off and we''d have had a penalty and been leading (probably). I suspect we wouldn''t have heard from so many folk with a negative view if the result had been reversed. For me, I didn''t expect anything out of today. They''re too physical and they get away with it. Our team just don''t have the same experience of cheating at this level to compete.

I honestly do not see us winning another game this season. Villa and Brom will both score against us and we can''t. 2 draws at best for me.

Interestingly, there are perfectly credible scenarios where we lose the last three games and stay up. I think we will do well in our two home games but 38 points may be enough.

I''m frustrated by today, and have been at other times during the season when we have not performed against poor teams.

My biggest question, however, is:

Who is Caldwell?

Why does he have such an influence?

Is Hughton just a puppet - and behind the scenes nefarious Mr Caldwell is deliberately trying to get us related for their own Machiavellian purpose?

Is Mr Caldwell even a Mr?

We need answers. Now! Funny how quiet the club is over such a serious matter....

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]Laughable how last weeks euphoria quickly turns to despair. Nothing much happened other than we narrowly lost away while Wigan scraped a home point and remain 2 wins behind us. I think 1 more point will see us safe now.[/quote]Agreed Ricardo. the players had one eye on their summer holidays today... Hoots will have them up for next week.last 2 games wont matter against a mid table side with nothing to play for and a team with 2nd already sewn up... i''d even wager we will beat Man City... no one will care as well.[/quote]

Code of conduct

1. Do not advertise products or services on the message boards. Any advertising without permission will be removed.

Tut-tut Jas(on)......

[;)]

[/quote]clicked the link i see.... why not send me an email.my last sig had the playstation network logo in.... used it for nearly 3 years. if Pete removes it he removes it...[/quote]I actually thought it would be a joke of some description..... [:$]Ironically enough, I''m sure my sig had the Xbox logo on it, but it''s disappeared! [:O][/quote]it''s all genuine.. if you are looking to save money then have a peruse and get in touch.