Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Bryan Gunn & Chris Hughton 'the nice men in football'

Were we tactically inept when we beat Arsenal, and when we beat Manchester United?Or was that the players on a mutiny against Hughton and winning a game he''d ordered them to try and draw?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Were we tactically inept when we beat Arsenal, and when we beat Manchester United?Or was that the players on a mutiny against Hughton and winning a game he''d ordered them to try and draw?

[/quote]No shots on target, and this is far from the first time we have set our stall out defensively with negative results.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Were we tactically inept when we beat Arsenal, and when we beat Manchester United?Or was that the players on a mutiny against Hughton and winning a game he''d ordered them to try and draw?

[/quote]No shots on target, and this is far from the first time we have set our stall out defensively with negative results. [/quote]I don''t want to sound like Jeremy Paxman, butWere we tactically inept when we beat Arsenal, and when we beat Manchester United?Or was that the players on a mutiny against Hughton and winning a game he''d ordered them to try and draw?

Paxman asked Michael Howard the same question 14 times once Mister Chops.

I suspect you will have to be far more persistent than that to get an answer to your question.

The right tactics for matches against Man Utd and Arsenal are not neccessarily the right tactics against our bottom half rivals, I would say by and large Hughton has got it right against the top teams, but playing those same defensive tactics against worse teams is getting increasingly tiresome.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Were we tactically inept when we beat Arsenal, and when we beat Manchester United?Or was that the players on a mutiny against Hughton and winning a game he''d ordered them to try and draw?

[/quote]you mention 2 games out of 35. What other games wasnt he inept....I tell you for one that against QPR WHU Fulham Saints Toon and Swansea, all at home he was.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]That''s six games out of 35, in your opinion, in which he "wasn''t not inept".Keep scraping the barrel.

[/quote]ok. add today. Add Wigan away. Add Newcastle away. We were chasing the game and with ten mins left he takes of Morro and replaces him with Holt, rather than have 2 up top. Inept.Liverpool at home and away. We made them look like Barca. (So did Toon today). Fulham away. remember that one choppsy? Or you scraping your positive barrell? Qpr away. he gave Becchio 2 mins when Holt was crying out for support. He cut an isolated figure that day.West Ham away. How about that horror show. Appalling. Villa away, ok it was a point. But we failed to take advantage of a team with 10 men. Reading away we were totally impotent against at team at that stage, hadnt kept a clean sheet. How i stayed awake during that game i''ll never know.Man Utd away, harsh to include but when you dont have a single shot, something is clearly not working.Lets look at the cup. Luton and Villa. Two more examples. Two potential trips to Wembley p****d down the drain.Those ok for "scraping the barrell?On the flipside i would say we did well against Spurs x2 United Arsenal Swansea (A) Everton (A and 10 mins at home). Some wins we have had, have just papered over the cracks.but what would i know. im just being negative.

I think it''s very easy to look at the final score and say "well, that was tactically inept".  You can''t blame a manager for in-game actions such as missed chances, poor set pieces etc.  I will agree that where games have finished & we haven''t managed a shot on target, this is very disappointing (but today, Snodgrass had a good headed opportunity he put over the bar, therefore "shot off target") - but you can''t rationalise it after the event as being "tactical naive" as you let the players off the hook for non-performance.The games you quote us being "tactically naive" in - QPR away = draw, Reading away = draw, Villa away = draw... not the worst results.To me, tactically naive is Norwich v Colchester 2008-9.But what do I know.  I''m just trying to remain realistic.

Great post ''CUPSD'', I too haven''t just looked at the score and just made a flippant comment, i have

collated the evidence of previous matches and come to the same conclusion that the managerial team should answer for the

negativity of the formation, use of squad, and that the timing and use of of subs have not

been utilised to their best potential.

Canaries Utd - On behalf of everybody on this board I would like to thank you for ''collating the evidence'' and then coming to your wise and reasoned conclusion.

It is clear from this post that your piercing insight and logic make you a modern day Solomon. When you have done pointing out to Chris Hughton the error of his ways please could you turn your great intellect to solving the Israel/Palestine issue, global hunger, poverty and disease.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Canaries Utd - On behalf of everybody on this board I would like to thank you for ''collating the evidence'' and then coming to your wise and reasoned conclusion. It is clear from this post that your piercing insight and logic make you a modern day Solomon. When you have done pointing out to Chris Hughton the error of his ways please could you turn your great intellect to solving the Israel/Palestine issue, global hunger, poverty and disease.[/quote]

unfortunately those problem arnt so easy to identify(and shame on your for your idiotic analogy).However if u cant see hooton has no bottle to change things then u dont deserve a shot at solving the middle east.

[quote user="mastoola"]

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]Canaries Utd - On behalf of everybody on this board I would like to thank you for ''collating the evidence'' and then coming to your wise and reasoned conclusion. It is clear from this post that your piercing insight and logic make you a modern day Solomon. When you have done pointing out to Chris Hughton the error of his ways please could you turn your great intellect to solving the Israel/Palestine issue, global hunger, poverty and disease.[/quote]

unfortunately those problem arnt so easy to identify(and shame on your for your idiotic analogy).However if u cant see hooton has no bottle to change things then u dont deserve a shot at solving the middle east.

[/quote]Yep, get over yourself Lizard, what a very apt name [;)]

Aren''t we now the only team in premier league history to have three games in a season without managing a single shot on target? Man Utd, WIgan and Stoke. That''s 4 and a half hours of football which is pretty pathetic that. Its not negative or defensive its just embarrassing